Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i file case in consumer court for tv replacement?

Can I file case in consumer court for TV replacement?

I brought tv LCD one and half year back, now the TV display is gone.

Upon asking, the company person said he'd call back, but he never did, I also told him that I will file case in consumer court.

Warranty was for only one year.

There were times when a TV  used to last for 2-3 decades, but now within 1 and six months TV gone, can anyone suggest how to go about consumer court, and will it be beneficial?

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     26 February 2013

Had the TV got problems when it was in the warrany period????? if yes, then did you lodged any complaints???

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Advocate Rohit

Had the TV got problems when it was in the warrany period????? if yes, then did you lodged any complaints???

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

No sir, there werent any complaints about tv during its warranty period, hence no complaints registered, just about last week or so the screen went white and when I asked to customer care, they told that the panel of LCD has to be replaced.

Previously the TV used to last for decades, but not now, does it not amount to cheating?

Mrs.n (CS, LL.B)     27 February 2013

hello sujay

which brand thi sTV is .even i have heard that these LCD /LEDs are of no use. all are based on chinese materail . they did loot the consumer. and the life of flat tvs are not more than 8 years.

they did hide these all evil facts of LCD/LEDs .

but if you see the current era , there is craze of leds like any thing and these all companies are taking advantage of the consumers as now a days its easy  and affordable to take the consumer products on installment .

you can check the district forum in this area with details for lodging the complaint

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     27 February 2013

first send legal notice to co.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Mrs.n

hello sujay

which brand thi sTV is .even i have heard that these LCD /LEDs are of no use. all are based on chinese materail . they did loot the consumer. and the life of flat tvs are not more than 8 years.

they did hide these all evil facts of LCD/LEDs .

but if you see the current era , there is craze of leds like any thing and these all companies are taking advantage of the consumers as now a days its easy  and affordable to take the consumer products on installment .

you can check the district forum in this area with details for lodging the complaint

Well, thanks for the reply.

1. Family court.

2. Magistrate court.

3. Sessions court.

4.  Small causes court.

5.  High court.

oops forgot to mention the PS.

One more addition doesnt make any difference!

7. Now consumer court !!

Will file a case and then see what will happen !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register