LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     12 July 2019

Can GPA holder sell the property

Dear All One of my friend having GPA from his mother to sell the plot. Mother is 77 years old. Mother got this property in 1986 by �kraaya pathra � . Now she has given GPA to his son to sell the property. 1.Can this property can be purchased and will get registered in third party name. 2. During this purchase both mother and son should be their. Or only GPA holder(son) is enough? Please provide your opinion as per property law and recent judgment applicable. Regards, Mallikarjun


 8 Replies

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     12 July 2019

Any response please 🙏🙏

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     12 July 2019

Any response please 🙏🙏

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 July 2019

Ji, you have not mentioned whether her husband is alive or not?  how many children she had?  If she has only son and there is no other heir then, he can sell the property as a GPA Agent to his mother.  He is enough.

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     13 July 2019

Hi Sathyanarayana Thank you for response. Her hushband is no more and she having 3 daughter and 2 sons. For one of the son she has given the GPA to sell the property. Regards Mallikarjun

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 July 2019

ok he is enough.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     16 July 2019

If the property is in the name of the mother then she is the sole owner of that property she can give GPA to her son to sell it , the son can himself sell the property on behalf of her mother , the mother didn't need any permission from her children .

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     16 July 2019

Thank you 🙏

Mallikarjuna (Manager)     16 July 2019

Thank you 🙏

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query