Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can audio recording be considered as evidence in the court ?

Page no : 2

Rama (NA)     18 July 2013

Hi Victim

But when I chancked my recorded audio file, that date created and date accessed is same and the date modified is differenet in all cases (even date modified is earlier then other two).. In that case what can be done?

please suggest in this regatds..

Victim of Greed (Worker)     18 July 2013

My Dearest Rama,

Lets think logical..... How can date modified be earlier to date created ???? This can happen only if you have earlier copied the file to some other system which has a date of what has created an entry in date modified.. Try copying the file from the ORIGINAL MEDIA directly to your system.

My Dearest Rama,

Lets think logical..... How can date modified be earlier to date created ???? This can happen only if you have earlier copied the file to some other system which has a date of what has created an entry in date modified.. Try copying the file from the ORIGINAL MEDIA directly to your system.

My Dearest Rama,

dhruv (other)     18 July 2013

This is very difficult to know for person who is taking backups. I have some stored in original media and some whole file names I had changed. It would be a problem and lots of evidence will go waste. Are we sure about it? It is a very big task to take care of all these things.
1 Like

Rama (NA)     20 July 2013

Dear Victim of Marriage,

Thank you for your kind information. Actually I copied from another computer (which got crashed), for which may be it is showing like that....

Another thing is that, my original recorder is still is there, but unfortunately the memory card is spiled..But the whole recording is as such as intact condition..

One more thing is that, few of my calls is from Laptop (from internet source) and it recorded by my computer and right now it is as such..

In such case can I used this evidance in court?

Please suggest me in this regards..

Sarmmarmbb (goi)     25 June 2015

Dear Members,

what does it means "admisible  if kept on the original media?"

1. does it means that if the recording is kept in the same device?

2. if one person has copied and saved it in other safe place (not ultered ant media) will it be admissible ?

Regards

Kindly reply to the above said query.  it is very important for all. who have transferred their audio conversations to other place but are intact and original except being devoid of its original device/insrument.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register