LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mujeeb Ur Rahman   26 October 2017

Can a company reduce the compensation package of an employee

My question is can a company in India can reduce the compensation package of employees mentioning the reason as organisational change in the company.

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 October 2017

You are on which side; Employer, or Employee?

I'm the employee and unable to digest this reduction in salary due to organisational change.

Did you sign consent to change?

No I have time till end of the month

It is your discretion.......to sign acceptance, decline to sign acceptance, prefer to separate by notice of resigantion...............mention the reason prior to resignation or in resignation or generate irrefutable evidence of condition of reduction in wages and/or demand of resignation or coercion of termination and agitate later..............

What exactly is your intent!

Relate with your aptitude and decide. 

I want to question the company how they can do this when I've performed exceptional in last six months and the company is in good profit is there a law in India so that I can question them.

We are totally 40 employees who are facing this issue when we debated with the HR they are just saying organisational change like this they cannot decrease 50000 from the package offered

Before you question;generate irrefutable evidence of unfair (labor) practices and also think upon prespective of firming up your next venture.

If you are exceptional performer and have NO tasks pending,NO stinkers, SCN then download irrefutable evidence of each...........

If you are exceptional performer you should be in demand in competitive industry and can easily get absorbed and get higher wages..............

Even if you decide to stay on terms being dictated to you, generate irrefutable evidence.

Remain amiable and gentle.

If you are exceptional performance thy may retain you even after your questions or may decide to dispense with.....

In any case, employee should avoid emotional outbursts and adopt  calculative approach that would benefit him/her and avoid damage.

All of you can download irrefutable evidence of each and everything and decide as suggested.

While posting such employment related queries employee should post basic information!

You my reply to related points.

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working? Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you?

Does the establishment have its appraisal system? Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date? How was your performance?

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register