LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PBS KUMAR (HR - PROFESSIONAL)     22 April 2008


Dear Friends,

How to calculate the 'Compensation' as per the workmen compensation act, if any employee got injury.? Is ther any formula ?



 15 Replies

punit jain (Legal Manager)     25 April 2008

Dear PBS KUMAR Calculation of compensation prescribed under section 4 of WC Act. As per that section if any employee got any injury/disablement as prescribed in Schedule I of WC Act then assessment of comepensation would be as per belowmentioned formula:------ Example: Monthly wage ==Rs 3600 Disability ===== 30 percent Age of workman ==== 22 Calculation of compensation ======= 3600 x60/100x30/100x221.37 ==Rs 143447 While assessing the compensation in WC in injury cases we take 60 percent of the monthly wage of the workman and the figure 221.37 is relevant factors as per Schedule IV of WC Act which is different according to age.Example if the age is 20 then relevant factor would be 224.It increase as the age decline and decrease as the age of the workman increase. It is also pertinent to mention here that in death case we take 50 percent of the monthly wage of the workman but the monthly wage cannot exceed more than Rs 4000 in both the circumstances. PUNIT JAIN,Advocate CHANDIGARH

Guest (n/a)     26 April 2008

Please tell me about collection of 'c' form through network

Guest (n/a)     06 August 2008

Dear Friend,

How much amount lability under Workmen Compensation Act If workman work under below minimum wages in Delhi if Employee got Injujury and loss of complete five finger right hand and monthly wages Rs. 2800/=, Disability 60% and age of workman 17 Years. Please reply on my e-mail.


(A.K. Roy)

Manager Personnel & HR 


punit jain (Legal Manager)     07 August 2008

Dear Ajai

I had replied on your e-mail ID. Hope u might have received the same.


Guest (n/a)     09 August 2008

is there any labour advocate with whom i can interact online / through mail / mobile.

Mr. Gaurav Pandya (Advocacy )     20 August 2008

Gaurav Pandya fron Jamnagar (Gujarat).

You can contect me.


Saravana Rajan   20 August 2008


Pls let me know if your is professional consultancy services or voluntary initiative.

Saravana Rajan

Mr. Gaurav Pandya (Advocacy )     21 August 2008

My name is Advocate Gaurav Pandya from Jamnagar (Gujarat).

My specially practise is of all LABOUR LAWS

My father is most senior advocate from practising 28 years..

my "professional consultancy services or voluntary initiative." would be normal (not very high). You can call me or you can send me zerox papers.

Advocate Pandya


Saravana Rajan   23 August 2008

Thnx. Will get in touch with you if there be any need.

-Saravana Rajan

Mr. Gaurav Pandya (Advocacy )     25 August 2008

Always wel come.

Plz remember - Money never matters..

Shree. ( Advocate.)     25 August 2008

Amount of compensation is spelt out in the act as per the nature of injury and a multiplication factor.


  1. In case of death: An amount equal to Forty percent (40%) of the monthly wage of the deceased workman, multiplied by the relevant factor or Rs. 20,000 whichever is more.


  2. In case of total permanent disablement: An amount equal to fifty percent (50%) of the monthly wage, multiplied by the relevant factor or Rs. 24,000 whichever is higher.


  3. In case of partial permanent disablement: the compensation is a percentage of that payable in case of total permanent disablement. The earning capacity is determined by a registered medical practitioner.


  4. In case of temporary (total or partial) disablement; A sum equivalent to twenty-five percent (25%) of the monthly wage paid half monthly for the period of disablement or 5 years, whichever is shorter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         




1 Like

sambasivakamasani (Sr Pur and Stores Officer (Rtd) ISRO)     05 November 2013

Worker no appointment order. served as driver for one year.  Got accident and bed ridden  for 3 months. wage is for 2 months.  Treatment expenditure met. His thigh is cut and set with  rods. Takes some more time to recover.  What benefit he can expect and claim?

arulkumar (manager)     07 November 2013

the worker is working for 20 year and his salary is 9000/month how will you calculate the settlement amount for the worker .can any one help me out of this problem 

manu   16 September 2016

Hi Could anyone help me to calculate compensation of a workman whose arm is amputated just below the elbow. His salary: 5500 aged 60 yrs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register