LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SugataK   02 December 2019

Buyout forced on remaining notice period. relieving certific

There were 3 months of official notice period in my last company, and after 2 months of my resignation (I resigned self-willingly for better prospects), company HR called me one day suddenly and asked me to leave that day itself. Along with this, she mentioned that I need to buy out the rest of the notice and when asked to clarify she mentioned that I didn't have a choice.

Now in my final settlement document has come, after 45 days of separation, and I can see a hefty amount as buyout amount.

Is this even legal? I think it is not, but I don't know how to fight and whom to approach. If anyone willing to help, please leave a comment. I am working in Bangalore.

Note: They have withheld my experience certificate / relieving letter with them, and said it will be given only after clearing full and final settlement amount.

P.S.: This country really needs specific laws in place to put an end to these kinds of separation-related issues. These are getting very common day by day.

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 December 2019

It is not a question of lack of law or of norm, but people succumbing to uunlawful diktats.  There are remedies available under the law. But may have to willing to make some sacrifices in pursuing such remedies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register