LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venu (Web Designer)     18 October 2011

Buying property from GPA holder

I want to buy a property from a POA holder, the POA in 1984 has got GPA from a family of 4, that is mother and 3 major childrens , now POA says that he does not have contact of this family who give him GPA ,but he has paid the amount to them and has done sale agreement and than got the GPA

Now this family has left that place , now the POA does not know whereabouts of  this family, the only document he has is the orginal sale agreement and orginal GPA document attested by a notry and POA posses position of this vacant land, till now POA has not registred this property in his name, he want to sell this property.

1. can i buy this propery from this POA ??

2. What all the legal problems i may face if at  anything arises  ?

3. once i buy this property can i resale to other people ?

4. What you suggest to POA ?

Please suggest, your valuable suggestion are needed.

Learning

4 Replies

milind (farmer)     18 October 2011

Can I purchase agriculture land in excess of celing limit.

Or otherwise if I take it on purpatual lease or powerof attorney

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     18 October 2011

There is SC Judgment in Suraj Lamp & Ind. Vs. State of Haryana on Sale of imm. prop. through GPA/will/agreement for sale not valid.This judgement actually states the law as it is. Some ingenous minds circumvented the provisions and started this dubious process of transferring immovable property by way of GPA/ Will etc. This judgment should have been passed much earlier or the government should have brought legislation to stop such practise.

Pradeep Kumar & Associates

Advocates

Chamber-208,CSA Block,

District Court,Gurgaon

(M) 09871765000

(O)0124-4078500

saroja (nothing)     23 October 2011

Since it is unregistered GPA , any such transaction is risky

First of all , verify any sale transaction happend either through GPA or principal

Secondly, before buying property give paper aD

Rajeshmohan (PROPRIETOR)     02 August 2015

I wish to buy a property through my GPA Holder.  The GPA is only notarized and not the registered one.  How far it is valid

KM Rao Y

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register