Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     08 January 2012

Builders lobby

Dear Experts,

I have recently inherited 2 floors of a lease hold (DDA/L&DO Lease) property. This is a 3 floor property and is located in NCR. Recently, a builder has approached me and offered to rebuild the property after he has acquired a floor (i.e. excluding my 2 floors) from my brother’s share.

He is suggesting that I could either opt for collaboration or to sell my share of the land to him. According to him I have only 50% share in the land, even though I have 2 floors of a 3 floor property/building (residential dwelling). I stay on one of the floors with my family.

His proposals are as follows:

a)      Market rate for 50 % land

b)      He would rebuild the property at his cost. He would retain 2 floors and basement. And he would give me2 floors and some consideration (cheque amount). The consideration amount is only 5-10% of the profit he is likely to earn after incurring the cost on construction.

My questions are as follows:

1.       Am I entitled to only 50% share in the land even if family settlement gives me right to 2 floors but, is silent on land share?

2.       What should be a fair deal for me?

3.       Can he sue me for partition or force me for arbitration?

4.       What else should I do to save myself so as to continue staying in my share of floors? Alternatively what should be a fair deal being offered by the builder? 

Thanxs in advance

Shanta

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register