Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debashree (Project Leader)     26 November 2012

Builder not refunding money

Hi All,

We need your expert help on the situation below . This is really causing mental stress at this moment for us.

I bought a house in 2009 & though I was promised to get possession in 2010, recently builder started giving possession in 2012. In Oct, Builder told us to pay 5 % extra money as MVAT to get possession. So we paid the same. They declined to give us receipt for it. Rather the site coordinator simply signed the Xerox of teh check issued on this purpose.

Later builder issued a notice to pay 1.95% instead. We contacted builder to refund the money that we have paid extra. Since last 1.5 months they are saying they will pay but no definite date has been given by them. Also they have declined to pay interest of this money. I will be receiving money > 1 lacks. So my question is what can be done here legally so that I get my money back soon & get interest too.  Please give us some idea on legal cost associated with this process.

We really need your help.




 3 Replies

Debashree (Project Leader)     27 November 2012

Anyone please let me know how can we get help legally on this regards. This is urgent.



Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     30 November 2012

Charging excess amount and not delivering the possession of flat amounts to defficiency of services as well as  unfare trade practice of builder.File complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction against builder and claim excess money charged from you and also claim compensation towards mental and physical agony.

Rajneesh Malhotra (Advocate)     02 December 2012

1. Give a notice ...listing out the problems you are facing and what you feel is being charged extra

2 read the agreement carefully


3. after making your list go to a lawyer (optional) to give a formal legal notice


4. file a consumer complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads