Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar ( )     26 April 2014

Bsnl poor services - no response to rti

Hi All,

I need advise from Lawyer regarding BSNL poor services and RTI.

Background

I am facing regular poor service from BSNL - Phone and Braoadband dead from since 26th of Jan 2014 to till date. It hardly work for 7 to 10 days during this period. Due to this I suffered good loss in business and shifted office to other location.

I contacted to allmost all BSNL employee from SDO, DGM to even GM. But problem still exists. Now they are sending BSNL bill for their poor services.

RTI & Application

I sent RTI twice to know what are the rules in case BSNL is dead for 1 / 3 to 7 days but the DGM (Ranchi) is not responding. The BSNL employee are worst and no wonder why they are running under 7,500 crore loss.  I sent written letter via Speed Post to GM also but no action taken.

I now decided to move to Consumer court (Ranchi). Please guide what all necessary documents will required to take strict action and filled good compensation. 

Kindly guide.

Regards

Kumar

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 April 2014

Maintain proper record with bills of all calls made with date, time, phone numbers from which calls were made and at which calls were made, brief minutes of discussion. Narrate these in writing under acknowledgment.

Did you obtain complaint number(s)?

TRAI has issued guidelines that can be accessed on its website and also at  BSNL’s.:

Broadband Quality of Service Regulations

Consumer Protection Guidelines

FAQ

DOT has issued notification that individual customers can lodge consumer complaint against telecom operators, which can be downloaded from;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

It shall be good to consult a lawyer handling consumer cases!    

Harried customers have been contemplating to initiate pages at portals like:

Facebook

e.g;

https://www.facebook.com/tikona.fraud

Kumar ( )     26 April 2014

Dear Doab ji,

Thanks for the details.

I have record of majority of the BSNL telephone complaint along with photocopy of the written mail sent via Speed post. I also sent SMS to the GM, DGM and SDO that i have kept it on my cell phone for the Reference. I will now keep the phone call details (time and date) as well.

Would above details enough to move to Consumer court and attached the  RTI application as well for which i have not received any reply from BSNL?

Kindly guide.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2014

Before you proceed further It shall be good to consult a lawyer handling consumer cases!    

The lawyer that has examined the docs and inputs can advise you the best.

Kumar ( )     05 May 2014

Can you please recommend any good lawyer in Ranchi for consumer cases.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2014

NO!

If you wish to avail the services of LCI lawyer you can conduct search at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/#.U2eJrkeBmXU

Your near and dear ones can also guide you to a competent lawyer.

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     06 May 2014

Dear Mr. Kumar,

I have perused your message posted 10 days back on this Forum and responses thereto. Through said post you have narrated your hardship and agonies caused due to poor and irregular services of BSNL at your end and also have described your annoyance for not getting any response from them on your RTI application, even.

Accordingly you have sought legal advise in pursuance to your intent to sue them in competent Consumer Court as against their inefficient services so that they are being penalized and a strict action be taken against them as well their erring officials.

The consumer courts, with effect to the Office Memorandum dated 4th February'2014 of DOT (Department of Telecommunications) vide its No. 2-17/2013-Policy-I ; now has been empowered to exercise its jurisdiction to decide the consumer disputes related to telecom / mobile service providers, such as Airtel, Idea, Vodafone and Reliance Communications etc. including BSNL,who randomly use to levy fine/interests/over billing/charges upon Consumers for no fault and even errs for their  irregular and/or  discontinuation of service.

In response to your message, as above; I firmly opine under the facts and circumstances narrated by you and with effect to aforesaid Notification, that you may very well sue BSNL and its erring Officials causing stated hardship to you in the competent Consumer Court seeking there through an appropriate award of compensation in lieu of your losses, being incurred on account of your business loss, harassment, agonies etc.

Now, through your message, here above, also you have sought the legal assistance for the purpose to sue. And with this regard, I invite you to visit www.powertoconsumer.in and forward your case to it seeking thereby legal advise/solution for the purpose.

Said website has been launched to empower the Consumers with their Rights and to provide free legal advise, solution and the process to sue erring traders/service providers in respective Consumer Court (s).

Feel free to approach www.powertoconsumer.in for your instant purpose.

Thanks,

SHIVESH  SINHA,

Advocate Cum Legal Adviser to www.powertoconsumer.in 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register