You may lodge a query in writing and under acknowledgment, with the good office of your appointing authority, MD with a copy to Head-HR, and request to supply you a written reply.
Apparently the action is wrong.
Grossly speaking it may be ascertained the deduction is reduction or recovery, adjustment or disqualification.
Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.
8. Eligibility for bonus.—Every employee shall be entitled to be paid by his employer in an accounting year, bonus, in accordance with the provisions of this Act, provided he has worked in the establishment for not less than thirty working days in that year.
9. Disqualification for bonus.—Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, an employee shall be disqualified from receiving bonus under this Act, if he is dismissed from service for --
(a) fraud; or
(b) riotous or violent behaviour while on the premises of the establishment; or
(c) theft, misappropriation or sabotage of any property of the establishment.
[13. Proportionate reduction in bonus in certain cases.—Where an employee has not worked for all the working days in an accounting year, the minimum bonus of one hundred rupees or, as the case may be, of sixty rupees, if such bonus is higher than 8.33 per cent, of his salary or wage for the days he has worked in that accounting year, shall be proportionately reduced.]
17. Adjustment of customary or interim bonus against bonus payable under the Act.—Whether in any accounting year --
(a) an employer has paid any puja bonus or other customary bonus to an employee; or
(b) an employer has paid a part of the bonus payable under this Act to an employee before the date on which such bonus becomes payable.
then, the employer shall be entitled to deduct the amount of bonus so paid from the amount of bonus payable by him to the employee under this Act in respect of that accounting year and the employee shall be entitled to receive only the balance.
18. Deduction of certain amounts from bonus payable under the Act. – Where in any accounting year, an employee is found guilty of misconduct causing financial loss to the employer, then, it shall be lawful for the employer to deduct the amount of loss from the amount of bonus payable by him to the employee under this Act in respect of that accounting year only and the employee shall be entitled to receive the balance, if any.
29. Offences by companies.- (1) If the person committing an offence under this Act is a company, every person who, at the time the offence was committed, was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of business of the company, as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly: