Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (System Analyst)     14 June 2013

Birth certificarte -inital and surname

Hello,

My name is Sunil.I have applied for the birthcertificate for my son in nagercoil,tamilnadu with the surname "SHERWIN SUNIL"

The officials added initial to the name and it becomes "S SHERWIN SUNIL" in the birth certificate. I am not sure whether the initial and surname can be added to the name. Please advice on this. And also the name expansion will become "SUNIL SHERWIN SUNIL". Do I need to change the name in the birth certificate or the same name can be followed? What is the procedure for making the correct name? Is initial is mandatory, if surname added?

Please advice,,

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     14 June 2013

Go to the Issuing Authority and get the initial  "S" deleted under his signature and stamp

Sunil (System Analyst)     14 June 2013

Thank you for your reply, Will they do it?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 June 2013

You bring it to the notice of Registrar of Birth and deaths in the Municpality in written.,

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     14 June 2013

you have to file an affidavit showing his correct name with what you prefer to change on 10/- non judicial stamp paper and also one application has to be submitted 

the application you can have it from municipal office

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     17 June 2013

First you go and enquire at the Municipal Office.. Listen what they tell you.... Without going if you express "Will they do it"  shows your negative attitude... If they refuse follow the procedure advised by Advocate Mahesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register