LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 June 2010

Bhopal gas case: SC shot down move to slap tough charges-Mil

In view of my own experiences, Justice A M Ahmadi, the then CJI, was not very much interested to perform his constitutional duties, in several important matters. In view of such experinces, in 1996, I filed a Writ Petition in which Justice A M Ahmadi, the then CJI, was sole Respondent, but my Writ Petition was rejected at the admission stage on the ground that a Writ Petition cannot be filed against sitting CJI. Thereafter, I filed application under Section 197 of Cr. P. C., for according sanction to prosecute him. But same was not examined, by President and Justice Ahmadi himself. Thereafter, Justice A M Ahmadi, the then CJI, misused his office by causing serious backdoor unconstitutional amendment, thus made amendments in the Fundamental Rights to Move Supreme Court guaranteed under Article 32 of the Constitution of India, by making amendment in Supreme Court Rules. I was sole victim of such amendment, when my Writ Petition was Refused to Register by the SC Registry, in severe violation of the aforesaid Fundamental Rights, which was just to refused to Register, just to save the vested interest of Kolkata Land Mafia.

Justice A M Ahmadi, the then CJI, also misused his office and after going through my suggested Model Draft of a New Civil Procedure Code, prepared with a mechanism, to ensure adjudication of any civil litigation within two years, and Justice Ahmadi written articles with the support of Congress Leader Mr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi, and published it in a USA Magazine, without keeping any record in SC.

Therefore, if he has done injustice to the severe victim of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, nothing surprised at least to me. I have faught against Keshav Mahindra in the matter of merger proposal of Indian Aluminium Company with Mahindra and Mahindra Limited. So I knew how these peoples are exploiting the Public Interests for the beenefit of Multinational Companies. I was only able to stop such merger proposal, because till then Media was honest and the then Acting CJI (for 4 days) P N Bhagwati issued a Notice and Government of India was compelled to declare the propsal against national interest. But, now situation is totally changed, when Ex-Employee of World Bank (A Bank in which USA Govt. holds 27% Sharehioldngs), became Prime Minister of India and another employee is Vice Chairman of Planing Commission.    

Milap Choraria

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register