Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (consultant)     26 March 2013

Best way to return jewellery

Hi Experts,

What is the best way to return stredhan back to wife?

I have few expensive ornaments which I want to return her back but I do not want to be in situation where later they can claim issues about gold weight (tula).

Is there any goverment lab which can do such suthentification of jewellery? 

Will they do it if I approach them or I need to submit case reference?

Learning

17 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 March 2013

Help yourself reviewing one of my previous reply in reference to core context (quality r/w quantity)

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Formalities-while-returning-streedhan-66319.asp

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     26 March 2013

Return in front of judge.

www.mehnat.in

Off the cuff observation:- Tomorrow she comes back to Court after making identical jewels using silver as base material with gold water / imitation gems on them and lay claim of “fraud played on her” by you no-doubt “handing over / receiving” were undertaken in Court before a Hon’ble Judge where there is no assurance given either by the husband or by same Judge “of their” quality / quantity then sure you have one more case on your head, smartness with closure of all loose ends is limit when a metro wife invites you to court for litigation……..J 

If the wife did not provide purity and quality certificates at the time of the wedding, the husband does not need to provide her the same at the time of return of the items.

www.mehnat.in

I disagree to your argument as she is not required to provide those two all she is required as per Law is provide list of items which is what is Law and if one goes by your argument line then DP Act will need Amendment especially Section ? (you tell us that !) and contains other than other sub-paras these crucial two sub-paras which are enough for her - only a brief descriptttion of each present + the approximate value of the present and with these two wife’s job is over for the purpose of context of this thread.
Reasoning:
Here husband has a doubt and not question based on technicalities of Law. 

BTW even be it so, it is well known fact that wife always produces Performa Bill from some mom-n-pop jeweler where quantity / quality is also mentioned other than invoiced cost estimations - does she not @ Manish?

Flip above para - donot smart husband take this Performa bill to challenge later on.

Fuzz all these now if there is a doubt in mind of a husband who probably slightly knows these then how do you give him peace of mind and end all loose ends when cherry picking your remedy at the time of "giving" she didnot, right I say I agree just there as no laws asks her to do so specifically, so atleast at the time of "taking back" he should have is all I was trying to put under your radar if allowed!

If the wife gave you jewellery at the time of the wedding or later and you accepted it without demanding purity and quality certificate, then you cannot challenge her later. Similarly if you give the jewelley to the wife in front of the judge and she accepts it without demanding purity and quality certificate then she cannot challenge it later. This is simple common sense. Judges are not idiots.

Further, any uneducated idiot can tell someone that "you are wrong because what you are saying goes against a certain law", and try to get away from the responsibility of quoting that law by demanding that "(you tell us that !)".

A professional lawyer who claims to be educated will quote the law, the section, and the extract from the law when he challenges somebody's correctness on the basis of some law. But what can we say about the education and professionalism (or even the identity) of people who have accummulated 15000 points on legal websites by posting anonymously.

Originally posted by : Manish Udar

If the wife gave you jewellery at the time of the wedding or later and you accepted it without demanding purity and quality certificate, then you cannot challenge her later. Similarly if you give the jewelley to the wife in front of the judge and she accepts it without demanding purity and quality certificate then she cannot challenge it later. This is simple common sense. Judges are not idiots.

Further, any uneducated idiot can tell someone that "you are wrong because what you are saying goes against a certain law", and try to get away from the responsibility of quoting that law by demanding that "(you tell us that!)".

A professional lawyer who claims to be educated will quote the law, the section, and the extract from the law when he challenges somebody's correctness on the basis of some law. But what can we say about the education and professionalism (or even the identity) of people who have accummulated 15000 points on legal websites by posting anonymously.

@ Manish,

Here is common sense at its best - Wife submits list of stridhan and husbands pays from their back at the time of bail or subsequently that also eventually.  All because neither party checked anything as per you and Judges are not idiots. See whose common sense is at best play here in replies.

On Law point; Re-read what I wrote I specifically mentioned DP Act and categorically mentioned (underlined it) two sub-paras Rules from (certain?) Section from the same Act as extract and then asked you to tell us Section and you replied thrice and I take you as educated person leave aside my name or education or profession so you must know DP Act so you quote where in DP Act it says what you say in your replies.

And the best part here is that you are engaging yourself with that un educated - un professional anonymous person.

[BTW, you ever read what this queriest has doubts on - gold weight and authentification certificate]

PS:-

@ Mods. / Admin.

Please reset in my profile all three counters to ZERO on disgruntled public demand and ensure it remains zero till the a/c maintained by you. I authorise you in anticipation. 

Experts,

Keep fighting please;)  as with every reply of yours I am finding something to learn.

Thanks for all above posts and coming next posts.

Experts,

Keep fighting please;)  as with every reply of yours I am finding something to learn.

Thanks for all above posts and coming next posts.

The appropriate way to thank in this forum is to use the thank contributor button.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     27 March 2013

Okay perhaps Tajobs has made some relevant points of law, but that is to be expected, since he is the lawyer in this discussion, not me. But I feel that common sense is higher than law. Law does not give anybody the right to deny common sense.

Good Boy (None)     27 March 2013

@ Manish: "A professional lawyer who claims to be educated will quote the law, the section, and the extract from the law when he challenges somebody's correctness on the basis of some law. But what can we say about the education and professionalism (or even the identity) of people who have accummulated 15000 points on legal websites by posting anonymously."

Mr. Manish very bad reply. u r unable to argue on logic, so this personal attack. Tajob is an Historical Father figure here where as, you are a nausikihiya nabalig.

Gaurav (consultant)     27 March 2013

No offence to Manish but respect to Tajobs who is *PAPA SHANGO* of LCI :-)

Shekhar (Proprietor)     29 March 2013

Keep The jewellary with you or sell it. It will fetch you the leagal fees. tell judge that she "the b***h" has taken away all the jewellary. The judge will beleave this statement since all the 498A b***h will do the same first.

Regards

Shekhar

Bangalore

+91-9731110296

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register