LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Best way to bribe police

We filed a 2 x 498A case via commissioner office (Chennai) 4 months ago.

~ No action was taken by police.

~ My aunt's Money of 10 Lakhs has been with their inlaws side and also her property worth 5 lakhs is in their custody.

~ They are neither ready to return the sheedan nor ready to return the money.

~ Police is not helping us get us belongings back.

~ Looks like they have Bribed the AC & the AC says when wife gives money to husband it doesnt come under "Dowry".  And he says he cannot file FIR as it needs to be handled.

It seems like the AC is expecting money from us, we have also bribed 10k to Inspector for which no action was taken too.

So I wanted to know whether bribing AC will make things work, and what is the right channel ? Can we give money to him directly ?

Already we are under huge loss, so dont wanna give money to them for no use

Need your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Learning

19 Replies

rajendra (na)     20 April 2014

I didn't understand what you are really trying to do .................

But still the below one will solve your quiery i think.....

There are two options 1)sit and talk settle the matter and  take Mutual divorce(best way)

2)filing false cases and harrass them(worst way) even though case is genuine i wouldn't  recomond this..

if the couple not intrested to proceed together take MCD and get back all the things like stridhan or dowry..

you can file 406 IPC to get stridhan or file DV get back all things which girl side really given 

my questions to you

1)whats the point of filing 498A?

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     20 April 2014

Simple..you approach nearest magistrate and file case u/s156(3) of criminal procedure code and get directions to police authorities to register crime...

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 April 2014

rightly advised by Mahesh R. Sonawane.

follow the same path

(Guest)

We tried to approach mutually via a Lawyer, looks like our lawyer is now in their hands now.

We agree to take 6 Lakhs and things for settling this.

But below are their quotes:

~ Sign a divorce first to give sreedhan.

~ 3 Lakhs now, and 3 Lakhs after getting divorce.

~ No maintenance for the baby.

The above seems really cruel, so we didnt agree. 

Please tell me why the police are not helping us retrieve our things? Are they expecting money to do their duty?

(Guest)

@rajendra :

How many days it will take for the court order to get in case of filing a 406?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

you need to move tough. You have not understod wht Mr Sonwane has advised

(Guest)

I am really Sorry, that I actually didnt understand what MR. Sonwane has advised.

Will this really work? Because we tried all the steps we could to get this done, as this is pending for the last 4 months with a move.

My aunt's Belonging's are still there with them... Not sure what is the condition of it too.

On what basis do we approach them ? Will the police really obey the magistrate ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

If the police are reluctant to tak any action on the complaint lodged with them, or the police action is ineffective, as advised you may file an application u/s 156(3) of Cr.P.C seeking direction of magistrate to police to register FIR.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 April 2014

Arun, 

u need to read the relevant provision to understand.

https://www.vakilno1.com/bareacts/crpc/criminal-procedure-code-1973.html#156_Police_officer8217s_power_to_investigate_cognizable_cases

156. Police officer’s power to investigate cognizable cases.

(1) Any officer in charge of a police station may, without the order of a Magistrate, investigate any cognizable case which a court having jurisdiction over the local area within the limits of such station would have power to inquire into or try under the provisions of Chapter XIII.

(2) No proceeding of a police officer in any such case shall at any stage be called in question on the ground that the case was one, which such officer was not empowered under this section to investigate.

(3) Any Magistrate empowered under section 190 may order such an investigation as above mentioned.

(Guest)

Thanks for the Post.

How many days this will take for the Magistrate to issue direction to Police to file an FIR?

Do we get to know the status?

Also I would like to know if I file a 406 for return of articles, how many days it takes approximately for the court order to return the shreedhan?

Can we directly contact Magistrate? Or we need a lawyer's Help ?

Northern Queen (Manager)     22 April 2014

No wonder your legal system is a laughing stock to the rest of the world when you openly talk of bribery. Are you nuts!! You approach a legal advice forum and ask if YOU can BRIBE the Police. Shame on you and shame on your kind. Good luck to your in laws. I hope they take you all to the cleaners. Corruption never wins in the end, you reap what you sow!

Northern Queen (Manager)     22 April 2014

No wonder your legal system is a laughing stock to the rest of the world when you openly talk of bribery. Are you nuts!! You approach a legal advice forum and ask if YOU can BRIBE the Police. Shame on you and shame on your kind. Good luck to your in laws. I hope they take you all to the cleaners. Corruption never wins in the end, you reap what you sow!

(Guest)

@Northern Queen: I totally agree to what you say, but when all our effort to move on leagally failed, what do you think we would be thinking.

With Just a Bribe the Inlaws are freely roaming with our money and our belongings, what do you say for that?

All we know legally is our lawyer, who has not done anything for the last 4 months ? Just keeps postponding... We have wasted money too ?

Legally they should have taken action to our complaint, which they have done nothing.. So what do you think we would be ready to do ? Just sit and watch them eat our money

(Guest)

Please tell me how many days it will take for the following:

1. If we approach Magistrate to issue direction to Police to file an FIR?

2.  How many days it will take for the court order if we file 406? for return of articles

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register