Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AQ   27 December 2022

Being asked to pay a claim in exchange for experience letter

Hello everyone.

Due to a physical accident, I was bedridden for almost a month but kept my supervisor updated. Being in a handicapped state, I submitted all medical documents concerning my health. With the same month coming to an end, I was voluntarily removed from the company. I was aware that this might happen and was prepared for it. I didn't receive any salary whatsoever.

Regarding relieving letter(experience), I was asked to wait for 45 days which I did. Once the waiting days passed and with no response, I mailed the company in hopes of an answer. In exchange for the email sent, I was notified that I need to pay the company a claim amount to receive my experience letter and FNF(Full and Final Payment). I was never explained this, nor was it expected. The company said I was charged the claim amount because of not serving my notice period. What should be my next best course of action regarding the situation? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Learning

1 Replies

Suresh S   27 December 2022

It's atrocious and inhuman act on the part of the company!

I think the worker needs to be reinstated into the earlier position or any other alternate job as per natural justice!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register