LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mani singh (proprieter)     08 December 2010

Banking Ombudsman Order

Sir,                                                                                                                                                                                                       I had made complaint against Axis bank ragarding illegal lien of my saving a/c in Aug 2010 for cr card dues Rs 55000.Then BO passed order dated 30 nov 2010 .                                                                                                          The bank is advised to re-credit the amount recovered from S.B a/c  of the complaint as this arrangement of marking lien on the customers S.B a/c in case of default of dues was not made known to the customer by inserting it as term in the MITC.Action taken towards the above by the bank should be immediatly advised to this office.                                                                                                                                                                                          Now bank collection manager trying to negotiate me that bank will re credit amount after deducting principal amount Rs 28000.                                                                                                                                                                    Now what will I do.Will the bank has to deposit whole amount in my a/c and in how many days.Whether bank challange this order.

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2010

Forward the copy of the demand letter of the bank to the Ombudsman, and request immediate compliance of its orders.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 December 2010

You may not worry about action the bank shall take.

1.If the demand of the bank is verbal then :

You may immediately submit your representation in the form of notice addressed to the Branch Manager and MD of the bank ,to the bank in writing under acknowledgment citing facts i.e order of the BO,your subsequent representation to the bank in person/on phone/in writing stating the name of the bank employee, date, and the communication by the bank employee  e.g to deposit the amount in your account after deductions.You may ask the bank to supply you the payment as per order of Bo by A/c payee cheque/DD and give them the time equivalent to the remaining days  from the time of 30 days given by BO.

You may mention in your notice that you are submitting it to the Branch Manager in person today.....and submit your notice in person and obtain acknowledgment from Branch manager's office in person under seal and signature of the competent employee and send to MD by Registered post.

You may mention in your notice that you have not received any written communication from the bank confirming compliance of the order of BO despite your representation and bank having received the order of BO. 

2. If the bank has sent you a demand letter and if you have received it:

You may forward the copy of the demand letter to BO as advised by the learned members.

You should not miss any relevant details and should send a clear and crisp communication.

Please remember Bank has lost and they shall try to manipulate verbally.

You may opt to communicate in writing only. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register