LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TestUserEmployee (IT)     12 August 2020

Bank account debit freeze because of cyber cell notice

My bank account transactions are blocked because of notice from cyber crime branch.. Bank is not ready to share the notice. 

Last year, one of my friend's friend transferred 1.5lakhs to my account.. the whole amount i transferred another friend on the same.. But the guy who transferred that money to my account is now in jail because of his company filed case against him. 

Somebody please help.. How do i unfreeze my account? 

Learning

38 Replies

Shashi Dhara   13 August 2020

Engage advocate who  has knowledge about cyber laws .

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 August 2020

Knowingly or unknowingly, your account was used as a transit point for the perpetration of a crime, and till you come out innocent, the bank can not do anything.   Bank has not done on its own, and only as per the instructions from the competent authority (police), the account was a freezer.   Wait for the completion of the investigation.

But, at the same time, bank is supposed to intimate the freezing of the account and copy of such notice to prevent the drawer from issuing further cheques.  File RTI and seek such information as you are a victim and involved.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2020

take notice in writing from the concerned bank and approach cyber crime branch for immediate action.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 August 2020

Originally posted by : Anoop
My bank account transactions are blocked because of notice from cyber crime branch.. Bank is not ready to share the notice. 
Last year, one of my friend's friend transferred 1.5lakhs to my account.. the whole amount i transferred another friend on the same.. But the guy who transferred that money to my account is now in jail because of his company filed case against him. 
Somebody please help.. How do i unfreeze my account? 

1. In the described circumstances, your Bank Account CANNOT be "unfreeze" till the Court gives Order.

2. On the contrary, you should start worrying about being impleaded as a consenting & abetting party to the Criminal Fraud, by the Police.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

TestUserEmployee (IT)     13 August 2020

How do i file an RTI without knowing the exact details like which department is blocked Gov of karnataka/Gov india. 

Shashi Dhara   13 August 2020

You issue legal notice thru advocate  to bank as you are consumer.

If it is a public sector Bank you can file RTI Application seeking such information:

1. Please provide me certified copy of such orders basing on which my savings bank account No..............with ................................Branch was freezer.

(Generally, customers refer it as Garnishee Order' if it is through court)

If it is a private sector Bank you can seek information as a consumer of that bank and you need not mention RTI  and need not  pay RTI fees of Rs.

its axis bank. can i contact the bank directly to get the copy of notice? 

They told they cant forward thecopy of notice

Demand the same through issuing notice under CP Act through Regd post and let them reject in writing.

To Manager

Axis Bank,

Reg: NOTICE UNDER CP ACT

I, ............................s/o ........................aged..........years residing at..........................(full address) issue notice as a consumer.  (herein referred as complainant.

1. The complainant is maintaining Savings Bank Account No...................with ......................Branch.

2. This complainant has learnt that the bank without providing such notice/directions received from competent authority has freezer the account without issuing the notice.  The complainant is a victim and sufferer for no fault of his misconduct with the bank.

3. The complainant has called on bank several times and concerned officials refused to provide such a certified  copy of notice and copy of bank norms/rules and regulations under which the account was frozen.

4. As a remedy has to be sought for drawing the amount during this COVID PANDEMIC PERIOD on an urgent basis, the certified copies of orders received from competent authority basing on which account was frozen and a copy of bank's own Manual/rules and regulations basing on which they can freeze the account.

5. As repeated visits/calls failed to get certified copies fo such notices, and it was told that they can not provide a copy of such public document, this notice demanding for providing the entire correspondence/document basing on which the account was frozen within a week, failing which the complainant has to seek such information/documents through the proper course and also for demanding compensation for harassment.

6. This notice is being issued under CP Act as the complainant is a consumer with demand for production of each and every document available with Bank within 7 working days from receipt of this notice, basing on which the account was frozen subjecting this consumer/complainant to harassment and inconvenience in the form of certified copies.  Failure to provide this information may compel the complainant to seek remedy for such harassment from District Consumer Forum.

Place

Dated.............................................................................................................................................................................Complainant.

1 Like

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Demand the same through issuing notice under CP Act through Regd post and let them reject in writing.

To Manager

Axis Bank,

Reg: NOTICE UNDER CP ACT

I, ............................s/o ........................aged..........years residing at..........................(full address) issue notice as a consumer.  (herein referred as complainant.

1. The complainant is maintaining Savings Bank Account No...................with ......................Branch.

2. This complainant has learnt that the bank without providing such notice/directions received from competent authority has freezer the account without issuing the notice.  The complainant is a victim and sufferer for no fault of his misconduct with the bank.

3. The complainant has called on bank several times and concerned officials refused to provide such a certified  copy of notice and copy of bank norms/rules and regulations under which the account was frozen.

4. As a remedy has to be sought for drawing the amount during this COVID PANDEMIC PERIOD on an urgent basis, the certified copies of orders received from competent authority basing on which account was frozen and a copy of bank's own Manual/rules and regulations basing on which they can freeze the account.

5. As repeated visits/calls failed to get certified copies fo such notices, and it was told that they can not provide a copy of such public document, this notice demanding for providing the entire correspondence/document basing on which the account was frozen within a week, failing which the complainant has to seek such information/documents through the proper course and also for demanding compensation for harassment.

6. This notice is being issued under CP Act as the complainant is a consumer with demand for production of each and every document available with Bank within 7 working days from receipt of this notice, basing on which the account was frozen subjecting this consumer/complainant to harassment and inconvenience in the form of certified copies.  Failure to provide this information may compel the complainant to seek remedy for such harassment from District Consumer Forum.

Place

Dated.............................................................................................................................................................................Complainant.

Thank you for the reply.. so i have to sent this letter to my home branch manager right? 

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2020

Given the gravity of the issues involved, it is better that you keep a low profile. Any aggressive or assertive steps would be counterproductive.

Originally posted by : P. Venu
Given the gravity of the issues involved, it is better that you keep a low profile. Any aggressive or assertive steps would be counterproductive.

its my salary account and all my savings are in the same account. Its hard to wait months/years for the solution

Yes.  You can also add that the savings bank account is your salary account, and what all was received as the salary that amount should not be attached.   Open another account for your salary in some other bank.  Shri Venu is an expert and you can never overlook his seasoned suggestion but I am not able to understand as to how asking a bank some information irritates/hurts anyone when the hard-earned salary amount was in the account, and whatever the transactions were stated, that amount was transferred to some other account and was never withdrawn and used by you.   Your account was used as a tool and your friendship was exploited.  However, follow the caution of Shri Venu and contact a local advocate as Police may record your statement also.

Thank you.... When i discussed about fee with one of the lawyer is said it will cost about 50-60k

this is wat he said

"Fees will be around 50 to 60k 

Process is we need to file a petition in court stating ur account is unnecessarily freezed without any crime done by you. And it has to be unfreezed coz it's an salary account and your restrict to use for your purpose . It's a violation of bank rules too. One has to be given notice before freezing.

If court releases the account then court may avoid u to attend such investigation. N no need to visit police n all" 

should i trust this guy and go forward? 

help help 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register