Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Pamarati (Advocate)     01 September 2018

Bail after charge sheet submission by io in ipc 498a case

Hi All

I am fighting a false IPC 498A case at Ongole, AP in which I had obtained Anticipatory Bail from High Court of Andhra Pradesh with a bail condition that I submit my passport at the trial court, which I did at Trial court section office. There were bail bonds given and sureities submitted too while surrendering myself at trial court. Now the investigation in this case is completed by IO and charge sheet is also submitted to trial court, with my first appearance to happen on Sep 20, 2018.

Now my questions are

1. What happens to the anticipatory bail given to me and the passport, bonds and sureties? Now that investigation and police role is done in the case, do I have to submit any application to withdraw AB to get back my passport?
  2. On first appearance in 498a case at trial court, do I have to apply for regular bail, as AB is no more in effect? Or I don't need any bail at all?
  3. Is there any separate step/petition/application that I have to move to get back my passport surrendered to trial court?

Please share your valuable opinions/expereinces in this regard. Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     01 September 2018

Dear querist,

If the Anticipatory Bail is conditional then what are the conditions? if Anticipatory Bail is not conditional, no need to go for regular bail, Anticipatory Bail will be sufficient.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Sandeep Pamarati (Advocate)     01 September 2018

I have mentioned the bail condition in my initial query.

I had obtained Anticipatory Bail from High Court of Andhra Pradesh with a bail condition that I submit my passport at the trial court, which I did at Trial court section office.
Other conditions are.
1. Shall not leave country without court permission
2. Cooperate with IO

My understanding as on now, is that, once CC no is issued in 498A case and first hearing/appearance happens, protection of Anticipatory bail will end and I will be exposed. I may be wrong. Hence my queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register