LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kanwar   04 April 2018

Attachment of bank accounts

My tenant did not pay house rent for long to the tune of 3.5 lacs total. The house was vacated by me through court ejectment order .Now recovery suit filed and decree likely to be given by court very soon. The rent agreement was on the name of tenant's mother. Can we attach the joint savings bank account of mother&son after the decree for our recovery. Please guide with relevant details and action on my part. Thanking you. Sunil Kanwar

Learning

2 Replies

Sarika Bhure(Mahajan) (legal practioner)     04 April 2018

Hello Mr. Sunil Kumar

The bank account can not be directly attached in such type of recovery of the suits. you will have to go as per the court orders and procedures. After the decree of the court ,as per the law the time period will be given to the tenants to pay the amount and if they failed to pay then you will have to file execution proceeding and in the said proceeding you will have to apply for attachement. so don't make any hurry and take steps  per the guidence of your lawyer. Thank you.

Sunil Kanwar   05 April 2018

Dear Sir,

Thanks for prompt response. But Sir , my one point remained unanswered i.e.. Whether it permissible in law to attach the joint bank account of the accused against whom the decree has been issued by court.

Thanks

Sunil K

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register