LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fauzul Huq   28 February 2024

Association for an under construction building

Hello Legal Team, 

In Tamil Nadu, construction work is ongoing for 500 apartments since 2012 and the apartment is not yet completed (10% remaining) by the builder as of Feb '24 with no tentative date for completion. In addition, RERA court provided a verdict in 2019 to register the building under RERA and complete handover by 2021. However, the builder has taken it for an appeal in the high court and case is pending hearing. This is the problem statement.

Now, all the registered apartment owners wanted to form an interim association for under construction building to initiate legal actions. Such as, file a write petition to bring in the case for hearing or begin a NCLT case. Need inputs on how to form an interim association over here. Thank you for helping move a need for 500 families.   


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

If the builder has filed a writ petition before high court and it is delayed inordinately, then the affected people can join together and file a petition to implead them as parties to the writ and express their grievances in this regard with a prayer to dispose the case expeditiously

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register