Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KNJS-Kumar (-)     26 July 2018

Arrogant wife, terrible life and mutual consent divorce !!!

Hello Sir/Madam,
Greetings

I have the following queries regarding ongoing Mutual Consent Divorce (MCD) proceedings
(Hindu Marriage Act)
Final hearing is scheduled in the next couple of days. The common Advocate for this MCD is appointed by my Wife and I have very little contact with that advocate.

1. Wife is denying Child Visitation(2 years old boy) and the common Advocate claims that child visitation rights/clause cannot be included/added in the current petition. (Please note: Child visitation related statement was not included during filing the first petition, because I was under the wrong assumption that my wife will not deny visitation!!). Advocate claims that I have to wait until the divorce order to be passed and then post that I need to file a separate Child Visitation rights petition through a different advocate. Is this claim and suggestion given by the advocate true?

2. Assuming above is true: Once the divorce order is passed, how much time period do I have to apply for child visitation rights petition, failing which the petition cannot be filed thereafter?

I understand that legally I have the child visitation rights and my wife cannot deny that. But if I file a separate child visitation rights petition, normally how much time would it take for the court to pass an order in my favour? 

4. If I get child visitation rights through MCD, will it by any chance legally affect my remarriage in future?
If I have child visitation rights, but sometime in future if I stop visiting the child altogether for some unavoidable reasons, will there be any issues due to my non-visitation?

5. After the divorce, is wife legally permitted to move abroad or to any other place within India, with my child, without my permission?

6. While its comparatively easy for both I and my wife to settle the matter of child visitation in the current MCD petition itself, I am not sure about the background reason and intention, why my wife is asking me to file a separate petition for child visitation rights. Do you have any thoughts/inputs on this Sir, why she could be asking so?

7. Its mentioned in the existing petition that "There is no claim of Maintenance by the 2nd Petitioner(wife) presently and also in future". Thats the only single statement regarding maintenance/alimony in the petition. Is this statement good/strong enough to prevent my wife from claiming for any alimony and maintenance in future for herself and the child? 

8. Is it mandatory to include in the petition that both the petitioners (Husband and Wife) do not have any concerns regarding remarriage after divorce? If this statement is not included, does it have any issues in future for remarriage?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     27 July 2018

Hello,

1.      You need to settle issue relating child visitation right in MCD as it will take years to settle later.

2.      I don’t understand point of appointing common advocate to whom you dnt have access. Petition has be to maid after consultation with both barites to MCD otherwise you will not able put you side.

3.      Child visitation rights do not affect your second marriage in anyway.

4.      Your wife can settle in any party of world as you can after marriage or before. Child visitation rights do not put ant condition for residing any particular area.

For any help you reach to me at Mb/Whatsup 9456777600 or Djaa.legal@gmail.com

KNJS-Kumar (-)     27 July 2018

Hello Sir,
Thank you for your kind review and reply.

1. While I understand that Wife herself is free to relocate to any place of her choice/will, I was seeking your clarification regarding the Child. After the Divorce, whether the wife could carry the child out of the current city where the MCD is registered or perhaps travel abroad with the child temporarily/permanently, without initimating the Husband and seeking his approval/permission?

2. Is it mandatory to include in the current petition that both the petitioners (Husband and Wife) do not have any concerns regarding remarriage after divorce? If this statement is not included, does it have any issues in future for remarriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More