Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Are my proofs strong enough to get me justice aginst inlaws?

A friend of mine needs help , her situation is as follows:

My inlaws have been asking for dowry under diff. excuses in 5 years of my marriage. My brother in law is the master mind and others are his allies .My MOTHER IN LAW,brother in law and sister in law started asking for money to make house, business etc.I didnt agree to them.My brother in law and sister in law used to call everyday and talk to my husband and his mother. He called my husband to another city after 9 months of my marriage as  a business partner.Since then they have not paid anything to me for maintenance.In between my jeth {BIL} gave in written that he undertakes that he will see my husband would fulfill his family responsibilities which he has not done since 1.5 years and took me to their city with my child.But after 6 months he sent me away with my husband to a third city.My husband gave nothing to me in name of money and just provided food, not even clothes for 2 years out of which i had to live 3  months every year at my parents home again .
When my dad got retired jeth  who was ill with kidney stones called us and even though he got relieved, my husband was unwilling to return.My Mother In Law beat me  without reasons. Then my husband left me top m parents home.I have filed case against all of them
But I have only these proofs:L

1. written undertaking of brother in law that my jeth was a partner with his younger brother on business and he was taking responsibility that my husband would take care of me and the baby.He also signed that for 1.5 years my husband had not acted responsibly towards me and baby.

2.medical billls of my baby's birth in hospital
3.Educational fee and allied bills of my son.

Is my case strong enough to get me justice?Or do i lack evidences/proofs?

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 October 2010

You file criminal miscelleneous case against your husband and claim the mainteance for you and your child.

You have not clearly stated what case you have filed.

(Guest)

Filed case under Domestic violence act, maintenance act.

Proceeding going on with CAW cell.

1.What else case can be filed against them?

2.Are my proofs strong enough to make them convicted, specially my brother in law?

(Guest)

Pretty strong even though mens rea may be required  but magistrates/Sessions judges don't go proceeed on mens rea in matrimonial cases. Allegations of a woman are sufficient proof of establishment of mens rea.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register