Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     04 February 2011

Any Provision of security for married couple

Dear all

Recently one my friend got his married solemnized under special marriage act-1954. He did not inform his family member ,  any how his family got the wind of his marriage. Now his parents are threatening both bride and groom.

Both the couple are feeling insecure. after many months ,now the parents are calling bride and groom in thier home. My friend is finding doubtful intention of his parents,he also got to know that his parents are framing some conspiracy against the couple.

Both the couple are exasperated. I am aware that there is not any legislation for preventing honour killing.

Now my queries are:

1.  Whether there is any provision of security  for couple who have solemnized thier marrige in court?

2. What security measure they must take to prevent the expected threat on their life and limb

Kindly guide us

Regards

Rajeev Kumar

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 February 2011

@ Author, 1. What is the age of girl? 2. Approach local PS and file apprehension application and ask for protection. Take stamp receipt of the same. Wait for few days if area Police does not act then follow para 3 3. Wait and watch of any developments from boy's side of family as alleged in third party briefs, if chances of allegations coming true nears then immediately approach Court for protection of life and limb combined with injunction against parents of both side not to disturb adults marital life and make your friends wife to be first petitioner. 4. Court will direct local PS to visit couples home on periodic interval basis and thus protection is granted. Delhi HC has done it in recent times.
1 Like

Samir Jha (Advocate)     04 February 2011

Dear Rajeev,

I agree with Tajobsindia,

It is better to approach the Local P.S. first.

As a way of caution your friend and his wife can also approach the Concerned High Court u/s 482 Cr.Pc read with Art 226 and 227 of constitution of India thereby praying for direction to police officials for providing protection. 

In wake of recent cases of honor killings, Delhi High Court has issued such direction in some cases.

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     05 February 2011

Thanks...

This much of information will certainly work

Regards

Rajeev

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register