Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul abhyankar (propietor)     14 October 2012

Anticipatory bail

HI,

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE FOR THE  AB  IF A COMPLAINT IS LODGED IN ONE DISTRICT AND THE ACCUSED IS AT ANOTHER DISTRICT OF THE SAME STATE.  I HEAR THE IF A COMPAINT IS FILED AT A POLICE STATION FOR A NON-BAILABLE CRIME LIKE IPC420 THEN THE AB APPLICATION SHOIULD BE FILLED AT RESPECTIVE DISTRICT COURT UNDER WHICH THE SAID POLICE STATION IS LOCATED. PLEASE GUIDE ME. IS IT COORECT OR THE ACCUSED CAN TAKE AB FROM HIS DISTICT COURT WHERE HE HAS BEEN RESIDING?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     14 October 2012

Normally it has to be filed with the sessions court within whose jurisdiction the crime took place/ or the crime was registered. However courts even outside the state where crime is registered are competent to grant AB if the accused faces apprehension of arrest there. This is known as transit bail. See my previous posts on this. 

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     15 October 2012

Yes, no prolems to file AB before the Court within whos jurisdiction offences are registered or before the Court whithin whos jurisdiction the petitioner is residing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More