LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tarun   19 August 2017

ANNULMENT CASE AGAINST MY WIFE

I am 27 year old man got married last year (arranged), Within a month of marriage I found out that she had all kind of illicit affairs, She had atleast 10 boyfriends with whom she was in physical relation before marriage and even after marriage one of her boyfriend had stayed in my home for 2 hours when I was not there. I have photos of her kissing her boyfriends and all, Now I have filed marriage annulment case on the basis of non consummation of marriage as my lawyer suggested. but since she and her father both are lawyers they strike deal with my lawyer and just postpone the case, I am a normal software Engineer got trapped in all these things. Please help me get rid of this quickly

Learning

8 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     19 August 2017

Well, obviously your first step would be to change your advocate. In my opinion, what you can do instead is file for divorce on grounds of cruelty. The aforementioned pictures and, if any witness can testify to the fact that she was visited by a man while you were not present at home, will be useful as evidence in the court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 August 2017

Fully agreed change current lawyer at once.

Make this lawyer popular in your circle and forums that take up causes of spouses facing marital harassment issues and let him/her be blacklisted in your circle/forums........

Before jumping to conclusions and litigation get into the habit of becoming property informed and supported.

Inquire about the Top 5 Lawyers/Counsel/Law Firms at your location specializing in concerned field of law e.g; Family Matters, as in your case………….that have unshakable repute and integrity and successful track record of handling and winning such cases………….and that do not connive with OP’s and do not ditch and blackmail their own clients………

Take help of elders of the family, competent and experienced well wishers, DBA officials, PIP that have faced such issues, and inquire in person……………and visit blogs and also Family Courts/HC website and go thru decided cases…….

This is the best you can do.

This is what you have not done.

Go thru

Central Government Act

The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955; Sec;12,13

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/590166/

and you can determine if you have a fit case, irrefutable evidence, corroborating evidence, to approach court and get relief………or not!

Spend quality time along with elders of your family with a counsel as suggested above..

Same Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/ANNULMENT-CASE-AGAINST-MY-WIFE-652041.asp

KS Johal   20 August 2017

Yes change your lawyer. Definitely go for annulment of marriage, because this will be quicker to achieve provided you can prove this and your wife consents to this. Cruelty and adultery is another avenue that you can take but this may take longer.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     21 August 2017

Firstly as advised by all experts hereinabove, change lawyer.

Secondly, whatever happened before marriage, how many boyfriends she had prior to marriage is not a ground of Divorce. 

Thirdly, you were wrongly misguided to file a case on the ground of non-consumation of marriage.  That means that you could not consummate your marriage as your wife is impotent or she suffers from relative impotency towards you.  I would advise you to withdraw that Petition and file a fresh one for Divorce on the grounds of cruelty. 

Fourthly, though your contention that your wife's friend stayed for 2 hours in your absence may be true, the Court will not believe you until and unless you have concrete evidence to substantiate your claims. So before going into the aspect of cruelty, i would advise you to get adequate evidence and proof

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2017

The allegation of immorality, being unfaithfulness need substantiating evidence......... 

Change your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register