LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KK   01 November 2017

Ancestral property to be transferred


We have got an ancestral property which is without an will and hence is to be divided among my uncles son and daughters. What is the procedure

and documents required to go about further, and what is the procedure to have name changed on property papers, electricity bill etc

Thanks and Regards



 8 Replies

manoj   01 November 2017

The property of a male dying intestate is distributed among his heirs in accordance with section 8 and 9 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. As per Law when Hindu dying intestate observe upon his heirs of Class-I. The rules should be followed is that firstly the intestate’s widow or if there are more widows than one, all the widows shall take one share secondly the surviving sons and daughters and mother of intestate shall take each one share.





1 Like

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   01 November 2017

pl consult sec 8& 9 hindu aucxession act

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     01 November 2017

You have to get legal heirship certificate and after being declare as legal heir the property can be transferred in the name of uncles sons and daughters. Heir a good lawyer.

1 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 November 2017

1. In such case property shall devolve in terms of class-1 as defind under Indian succession Act or Hindu succession Act. 2. Obtain succession certificate. 3. Apply for mutation of property.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 November 2017

It is believed that all involved are Hindu and nature of property is indeed ancestral.


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 November 2017

The property from mother's sife is not ancestral.

The property of deceased Hindu male devolves equally upon his ClassI legal heirs i.e. Mother (if alive as on date of death), wife (if alive as on date of death), sons,daughters...........

In the absence of a valid WILL it is simple matter of inheritance; Intestate Succession.

The forms/procedures are available at website/office of authortiy under whose jurisdicton property falls.

Death certificate,legal heir certificate (affidavit as per local precedences) are basic requirements.

Submit completed forms with requisite docs   to concerend office/official say; Patwari and obtain copy of updated mutation records...

1 Like

KK   02 November 2017

thanks all for providing guidance

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 November 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register