LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P VAMSI KRISHNA   25 April 2022

Ancestral property dispute

A retired person has two children (a daughter who is serving as a nurse in defence, a son who is a manager in a private bank). As the day goes on, the children who is well settled in their personal lives doesn't take care of their parents well being but tried to dispute when it comes to the matter of ancestral property.

The retired family person finds difficulties for the existence of their remaining life. The children of the retired person are not even willing him neither to sell his father's property (ancestral property) nor providing some maintenance expenses necessary to lead the remaining part of his life with his wife. I would like to know whether in this case, is there any possibility of providing him any justice in case the children doesn't sign on the papers of the ancestral property in order to fulfill his daily needs. Also, please let me know whether there is any order necessary from the court towards the sale of ancestral property. Not only that, they even degraded the retired person in front of the known individuals of him who he regularly approaches regarding help. So, could you please provide any proper and immediate solution towards his concern. can this be legally handled or else require any other action. please clarify


Vamsi Krishna


 3 Replies

Parasar   25 April 2022

senior citizen act may help you , in the alternative crpc 125

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 April 2022

Permissions of children are not necessary for the disposal of ancestal property. Children acquire right on the ancestral property only after the death of their father. The father can sell the property at anytime during his lifetime without informing or consulting his children. Films and TV serials create the mistaken impression that children have right over ancestral property even during the lifetime of the parent.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 April 2022

follow the complaint as per seniors citizen act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query