LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamlesh (ao)     02 February 2010

ancestral property

My Great Grand Father ( mothers' father' father) had purchased land on 19.04.40. He was single ower of the land. Subsequently he died leaving his 3 sons ( Died on 24.04.08 documents by will).Hence this land was come to his 3 sons Now, one of his 3 sons had 6 sons & six daughters. Say one of his sons name is ABC. Late ABC' s six sons have deleted the name of his six sisters with false statement that sisters have separated with their own with happiness. This statement was totally false. I am one of one sisters son. When ABC ( means my mothers father) was died, my mother was not alive. ( She died in 1972 ) My question is can I enter in to the ancestral property. ? Please reply sir,



 1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 February 2010

Yes. As your mother died 1972 (after coming into force Hindu Inheritance Act) so her lega heirs are legally entitled to inherit her share and you are one of them as told by you so your claim is still intact.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register