Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SSGGSSGGSS (Account Manager/IT Recruiter)     21 April 2010

Ancestral Property...

Hi my grand father had alot of ancestral property in Goa.... He  had 6 children, 3 sons and 3 daughters out of which one is my mother...  When my grand father was alive the 3 daughters had signed along with their husbands saying they dont want any share in the property...  And it was orally agreed to give a lumpsum amount...But that was not on a stamp paper... But now the sons have cheated their sisters totally and are saying they will divide the property amont the 3 of them without giving any lumpsum amount... My dad expired last year... My mom is planning to go to court to claim her share... I have a few questions

1) Will my mother get her share?

2) Since my father expired do i have any share in my grandfathers property?

3) How long will the case go on?

 7 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 April 2010

You have not stated your religion. In matters of succession personal laws play a vital role

SSGGSSGGSS (Account Manager/IT Recruiter)     21 April 2010

We are a Catholic family....

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     21 April 2010

first aply to revenue authority and apply for entering ur mother's name. she will get the share bu indian sucession act .


1 Like

SSGGSSGGSS (Account Manager/IT Recruiter)     21 April 2010

Where do i need to have my mothers name entered???

SSGGSSGGSS (Account Manager/IT Recruiter)     21 April 2010

Also what documents will be required for the same??

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 April 2010

 In my opinion your mother can apply to the court of the competent jurisdiction viz where the property is situate for partition of the property. Further, the relinquishment signed by your mother will not be legally binding as it is neither stamped nor registered. Further you cannot claim out from your maternal grandpa property since your mother is alive and she is entitled for share.

SSGGSSGGSS (Account Manager/IT Recruiter)     22 April 2010

I just got to know that one of my uncle has already transferred one property of 40,000sq mt in his name... How can he do this?? Is this not forgery??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query