Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     22 August 2017

Amount used fraudulently on my sbi credit card.

On 19th Aug 2017 Rs 92608 was swiped from sbi card.

I had requested for a card replacement earlier in the day from sbi cards twitter account and later i got a mail from feedback@sbicards.org asking for card number , CVV and expiry for card replacement.
I thought this was a quick resolution from their side and hence opted for gave the details.

15 mins later , there were three fradulent transaction worth Rs 92608 done. Later when i tried logging into my mail ID my gmail ID was hacked from there the OTP was taken for the transaction to go through.

I raised a dispute with sbi credit after an hours time after the above transaction was done.

I have been running pillar to post for sbi card to reverse these transactions and they are against it. They are telling me it is a OTP enabled transaction and nothing can be done from their end and the payment liability is on me to pay the full amount by due date.

I will be filing a complaint in cyber crime cell letting them know about the above sequence of event.

What else can i do so that the liability of the above transaction is not upon me?

Learning

45 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Accenture HP1

I had requested for a card replacement earlier in the day from sbi cards twitter account and later i got a mail from feedback@sbicards.org asking for card number , CVV and expiry for card replacement.
I thought this was a quick resolution from their side and hence opted for gave the details.

15 mins later , there were three fradulent transaction worth Rs 92608 done. Later when i tried logging into my mail ID my gmail ID was hacked from there the OTP was taken for the transaction to go through.

I raised a dispute with sbi credit after an hours time after the above transaction was done.

I have been running pillar to post for sbi card to reverse these transactions and they are against it. They are telling me it is a OTP enabled transaction and nothing can be done from their end and the payment liability is on me to pay the full amount by due date.

I will be filing a complaint in cyber crime cell letting them know about the above sequence of event.

What else can i do so that the liability of the above transaction is not upon me?

Seems to be a sheer hypothetical query. Do you mean that you asked SBI for replacement of credit card without telling them the number of the card at the first instance? Without tellin the number of card to SBI when applying, which card you could expect to be replaced?

On the SBI's twitter account i had posted my email id with the last four digits of my SBI card and requested for a card replacement.After 20 mins or so i got a mail from - feeback@sbicards.org asking for card number , CVV and expiry date for card replacement.

I provided them with the above details and after 15 mins three fraudulent transaction were carried out.

Its not a hypothetical query , a real time scenario that i am going through at the moment.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 August 2017

Originally posted by : Accenture HP1

If you communicated to official address then M/s SBI Cards is under obligation to keep it safe and let it not leak outside.

Initiate and rest your protest on it.

Reconfirm fromM/s SBI Cards website that you tweeted to correct address advertised at website of M/s SBI Cards

You should not have posted CVV number.

If you are not well versed with hazards of online communications and transactions then don’t transact online.

If you are unable to resolve on your own entrust to a very able LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/consumer matters having successful track record……….

Please note i later i was informed by SBI CARD that feedback@sbicards.org wasn't their mail id at all and i was conned royally !!!

Did you send your communication to correct address/ID?

Yes the twitter account where i posted the tweet is a vaild one and used by SBI card. The hacker actually got the email from the twitter post of mine that i posted on SBI card

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 71 times
  • Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     22 August 2017

Please note i later i was informed by SBI CARD that feedback@sbicards.org wasn't their mail id at all and i was conned royally !!! 

No attachment found.

In any case, M/s SBI Cards is not to let it leak outside. 

how do i prove that SBI Card actually leaked my email ID from the twitter post which i did? Attaching the twitter post to sbi card for your reference.

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 70 times
  • Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 August 2017

Just stick to the fact that you communicated at correxct address/ID!

And M/s SBI Cards can not leak it outside, let it leak outside. 

how do i prove that SBI Card actually leaked my email ID from the twitter post which i did? Attaching the twitter post to sbi card for your reference. 

Attached File : 184449 20170822211015 540981435 sbi card request twitter.zip downloaded: 57 times

The attachment could not be downloaded.

Its a zip file and download's on desktop and then open the folder you should have the file.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register