LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautham   08 March 2024

All documents related land grant (saguvali chit)

How do I get all the documents related to grant - grant order, grant sketch, saguvali chit, grant request form, grant proceedings etc. I gone through RTC they have mentioned incorrect grant order number. I have reached Taluk office requested for the documents. They are saying they don't have this documents. I feel some concerns with the grant. Can we file petition to get this documents?


 2 Replies

Kartikey Tiwari   08 March 2024

When dealing with land grants and related documents, it’s essential to follow the appropriate legal procedures. Here are some steps you can consider:

Identify the Relevant Authorities:
Start by identifying the relevant authorities responsible for land grants in your area. These may include the Revenue Department, Taluk Office, or other local administrative bodies.
Request in Writing:
Write a formal letter requesting the specific documents related to the land grant. Mention the incorrect grant order number you found in the RTC (Record of Rights, Tenancy, and Crops) records.
Specify the documents you need, such as the grant order, grant sketch, saguvali chit (if applicable), grant request form, and grant proceedings.
Visit the Taluk Office Again:
Visit the Taluk office in person and submit your written request. Be polite and persistent.
If they claim not to have the documents, ask for clarification on why they are unavailable. Document their response.
File a Petition (if Necessary):
If the Taluk office continues to deny access to the documents, you may consider filing a petition.
Consult with a legal professional to determine the appropriate court or authority where you can file the petition.
The petition should seek an order directing the concerned authorities to provide the requested documents. 
•Seek legal advice from an advocate or lawyer who specializes in property matters.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2024

You can follow the advice describing the procedures to be adopted in this regard as advised by the above expert.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register