Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramakrishna (Asst Manager Accounts)     31 January 2015

After mutual divorce filed 498a case on family

Dear Sirs and Madams,

My Name is Krishna

Me and my wife applied for mutual consent divorce on 12.02.2013. In that mutual consent divorce we are liable to her for Rs.650000/- (Full and final settlement) It was decided by panchayat elders and it was agreed by her and her parents we have one written proof with signatures.

In fact i got Rs.500000/- lakhs dowry.

After six months in the time of second motion in front of judge she told that my life will get damaged so i want to withdraw my petition. I accepted her memo Accordingly  she got withdraw from mutual consent even after that she didn't come for conjugal life.

Now she filed false498a case on me and my parents on 28.12.2014 in women cell and we received FIR copy along with petition in that  given petition she stated that they had given Rs.1300000/- lakhs dowry three lacks for marriage expenses, 300000 lacks for home needs and remaining given to hand.

Now what is further step i need to take to overcome this problem.

What is the reason in delay of court notice ?

Can i win this case ?

They are disturbing me a lot i am unable to concentrate on my job and due to frequent travelling i am getting health problems.

Can i file any case on this false 498a ?

I kindly request you to advise me.

Thanking you.


 3 Replies

CompelledToLearnLaw (Financial Examiner)     01 February 2015


Balaji (Self)     03 February 2015

File Tax Evasion Petition on them....

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 February 2015

In the instant case, the first priority should be to get Anticipatory Bail. As you had moved Mutual Consent Divorce Petition in the past, the chances of getting AB should not be very difficult.


Thereafter depending upon what are the allegations and other things future course of action can be decided.




Shonee Kapoor 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register