Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul (executive)     09 March 2012

After divorce

Hi

my married life was spoiled by my mother in law's interference in my life.

So,As per indian muslim law i had given divorce to my wife i got my legal divorce certificate from the muslim board.

but my wife didnt react anything and none of her family members are not at all in contact with me or my parents.

before divorce they had taken all her belongings everything and gave a written statement saying they had given taken in all her belongings

But they did not take 2 lakhs cash and 10gms gold which she bought it as a marriage gift. iam ready to give these back to her.

i dont know whats running in her mind.

in frustration i had sent her emails before divorce.

as iam abroad in uk on student visa. and want to go back to india

i want to know what all the cases she can book on me now (already divorced now). and how can i make myself safe.

Thanks

Abdul

Learning

5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     09 March 2012

Dear Mr.Abdul,

They can still file 498A,406 Cases against you (Harassment for Dowry). In India the laws are stacked up in favour of women. They can implicate any number of your family members in this case. Though their case would be at a weaker ground since the same comes out to be clearly as a counterblast to the divorce, but you need to guard yourself against these cases, by intimating the concerned authorities regarding your apprehensions and the fact that you are ready to return whatever is due to her. 

Secondly - they can also file a case for maintenance as per the Supreme Court of India - A Muslim Wife is entiteld to maintenance even post iddat - until she gets remarried (Daniel Latifi v. UOI - 2001 SC) 

Feel free to talk !

Bharat (bharat.law06@gmail.com) 

salman khan (Property Documentations)     09 March 2012

Bharat sir, I have one question sorry to disturb ur ongoing communication,  my Question is In Abdul case, Abdul is giving divorce then he is liable to pay maintenace if his wife apply for the same but if Abdul wife initiative for divorce in that case abdul must necessary to give maintenace to his wife.

Thanks in advance

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     09 March 2012

How long back were you divorced?

If it is recent happening, be ready to face hiccups with 498a. However, the longer time passes, the safer you would be.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Abdul (executive)     09 March 2012

Hi,

As Iam away from india and she never stayed with my parents then how come she can book a case on me??

after marriage we stayed together for 50 days and after that i came here and she left my parents house.and never contacted me and when i tried to contact her she didnt respond me in a proper way.

and before divorce i sent a legal notice to come come and stay with me in uk or go and stay in my house.

then after that i sent her legal papers like conditional divorce (single talaq) where i gae her 3 months of time either to stay with me or leave me.

but she didnt respond me.

so automatically after 3 months i got my divorce papers done.

Plz let me how can a women file a case after divorce. when i spent only 50 days with her in this 1 year 6 months of marriage.

Thanks

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 March 2012

She would file the case, hiding or denying that divorce happened.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

PS: Most cases are false, so one falsity in all those grounds about divorce would not be a problem if a person wants to file a false case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register