Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Falguni (Project manager)     28 May 2012

After completing notice period need relieving letter

Hello,

I served the company for 1 and half year. I worked very hard to do the process very well and make the maximum production with available resources. I gave resignation because of internal politics and there were some people who never liked me to be on that post. They used to always hinder in my work and they used to go to management and give wrong impression about me. I proved myself and growth of the department. Fianlly because of all issues I resigned. After my resignation management didnt gave me final date.

After competion of 2 month notice period they were not willing to relieve me. I continued for 4-5 days more after my notice period then also management was not ready to relieve me.

Finally I stopped going to office. I got signed from all departments for no dues and also I took signature from the people whom I gave the hadover. But my HOD is not signing on my relieving paper. He and the person who took my place in my company are trying to harrase me by not relieving and not giving my full and final.

Pls. help me how to resolve this issue and how to get the final process been done by comapny.

I have written below letter to HR to get the process done. Pls. help how to make this legalised.

I need urgent help.

Hello sir,

I had given my resignation on 25th February.
As per our verbal agreement I have finished my 2 months notice period.
And above that I came to gateway till the time (Wednesday May 2nd) you requested me.

After my so many request you never gave me final date of my job. So I had to stop coming to office.

I have already given you my exit form with all details and no dues from all gateway departments.
I have taken signature from Meghna, Brijesh and Ankit for handover process also in my form.

Pls. let me know When should I come come for final process and my relieving letter.
Also pls. let me know when can I come and fill up the PF form to withdraw my PF.

Seeking for you support.

Thanks
Regards,

Learning

6 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     28 May 2012

Kindly explain you query, what the minimum period of notice in your company?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 May 2012

If your notice period as expressed in your appointment letter is 2 months you have served the notice period. If the notice period is say 3 months, you had a verbal agreement to serve notice period for 2 months. You have mentioned this agreement in your letter to HR. If your notice period is 3 months then you should ask for waiver of notice period/pay of 1 month. If company does not agree you are at the most liable to pay notice pay for 1 month. You may ask for adjustment in your FNF statement. You have obtained NOC and have handed over charge under acknowledgment. You have performed. You have mentioned in writing that you were requested by company to attend office after your effective date of resignation/last day in office. Apparently record is on your side.

Relieving letter is issued post all settlements. It is more a trend and practice in the trade and industry. There is a scope for columns on conduct. Company may post adverse/good/no comments. In your kind of situation you should succeed in getting good comments and avoid adverse/no comments. Complaints lodged against you might have been/might not have been posted in your personnel file. You have to defend yourself from the probability of negative feedback/reference in future. Service certificate has a column on reliving date and there is no column on conduct. Tread carefully.

You may examine your personnel file or apply for letting you examine your personnel file.

You may now represent by letter under acknowledgment addressed to  good offices of your company i.e. your appointing authority, MD, CEO, Chairman, Company Secretary, with a copy to Head-HR, mentioning your achievements covering the revenue at the time of your joining and resignation, individual contributions, performance of dept and team under you, awards/rewards/incentives/recognitions/appreciations earned by you. You may mention that in line with your terms of appointment and your internal sense of responsibility, you had tendered notice of resignation, served the 2 months long notice period which was agreed to be up to dated …………by Mr/Ms………dept/designation/address…..during meeting called by him/her after receipt of your resignation……,( mention about waiver of notice if any mentioned verbally to you) attended office up to dated……….as per request of.. Mr/Ms…….. dept/ designation/ address….., approached all HOD’s and obtained NOC from all concerned………., handed over the charge and company property, and complied to all exit formalities informed to you by all concerned as to be completed by you. The company is also expected to comply with the exit formalities and your acceptance of resignation, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, form 16, PF number, attested copy of PF withdrawal-transfer forms, FNF statement, payment of your dues by bank DD only , etc. should have been supplied to you within/on your last day in office i.e. dated………

You have always explained all events to the best of satisfaction your superiors and management of the company.

You have been clamoring for your dues which include acceptance of resignation, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, form 16, PF number, attested copy of PF withdrawal-transfer forms, FNF statement, payment of your dues by bank DD, etc and you have supplied following communications addressed to…………

The good offices may intervene and may arrange to supply you the dues at the end of company by redg/speed post only so as to reach you in say within next 15 days.

In my letter there was no bond or no notice period is mentioned. But to be good to the company I gave them resignation and agreed for staying back 2 months in the company.

I dont have any proofs with me...I gave resignation also from company's mail ID.

As I trusted company a lot and was not expecting such situation I dont have any kind of proofs with me.

I Dont have any dues to the company only problem is the person who is going to come on my post he says he didnt got KT as he expected. but my notice period, resignation...all process was done properly. only thing is my collegue doesnt wanted to harrase me so he is saying that he didnt got handover as he wanted. and because of that my HOD is not signing on my relieving letter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 May 2012

Usually HOD is expected to supervise the handover and has to sign the handover format confirming handover has been proper. What is KT? Is it knowledge transfer? If you have done it properly, and there was no error in the assignments conducted during your notice period how can there be an objection later?

-You may settle the matter with the new employee who has taken over from you.

-You may approach this HOD mentioning that handover was done under his supervision and everything was proper, however you don't mind to come to office once and do your best to satisfy the new employee.

-You may visit the office and satisfy the new employee on KT in the presence of HOD and obtain copy of your relieving report on the spot. In this case you may submit minutes of discussion with a copy to you and conclude there was no shortcoming in KT and it has been done to the satisfaction of HOD. This time company in all probabilities shall grant access to your official email id. It shall be a time to forward or generate printouts or make a note of date, time, subject line, subject details, and name of recipient, email id etc.

Once you have resigned HOD should step in for KT. After all HOD is expected to know the work to be done by his subordinates.

Make up with new employee, HOD and close the matter once for all.

Thanks for the quick reply.

According to me the handover was done properly and as they expected. They changed the process of handover they wanted me to fill up so many xls sheet which I already did. But my HOD and the person who was going to take the responsibility they were totally against me and they are doing this only to harrase me. Their intension for not to sign the letter is only they want to put me in trouble. and I already mentioned to HR if they need any support online i will give but they changed all my mail passwords and my communication messenger passwords. All they did just to put me in trouble....they wanted me to be in the office without any work.

In my job last day I didnt had any work and at that time no queries from my collegues also. This all been played after I stopped going to office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More