Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arthur Dent   24 February 2018

Affidavit for incorrect name

Hello,

I recently ordered some sports equipment for myself, from an international online store.  As a rudimentary meansure to protect my identity online, I usually place online orders under my pet name, and have done so several times, in the past, without any issues. However, this is the first time, the shipping company (a very popular one) has asked for KYC documents (Passport, Aadhar etc.). Now, all these documents contain my birth name, which is very different from my pet name. Upon contacting the shipping company, I was informed that the goods will not be delivered unless the proper KYC verifcation is done. I was informed that The delivery name and the KYC name must be the same. The shipping company has asked me to get an Affidavit made, stating the name in which the order is placed, and the name on the KYC documents are as same person (me). Without this, my order would not get delivered, and lie in customs or at the shipping company's warehouse, and would attract a daily charge for storage.

Please help me on how to go about this ... Your quick support, advice, affidavit draft would be much appreciated...

Learning

2 Replies

prerit goyal (2nd year)     24 February 2018

7734951569 call

Arthur Dent   24 February 2018

Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Affidavit Draft? To know your customer (KYC), you did international shopping, what's the mode of payments? Mastercard, Visa power, Rupay card?

Yes, internaltional online shopping... The mode of payment was CC - which is in my Real Name . The reason the shipping company wants the affidavit, is because the name (My pet name) in which the order was placed is different from the name mentioned in the KYC proof document (which is my real name)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register