LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya R (business)     24 February 2024

Adverse position by vendor

My father purchased property in year 2007 with link document as pahani.
Recntly in jan 2024 after survey we came to know that registered survey number is land of vendor house and shown us with non existing boundaries
can vendor claim adverse possession of sold property 


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 February 2024

First of all ascertain the title on your father's name by the registered sale deed, if there is an error in the survey number, you can issue a legal notice to the seller to execute a registered recitifcation deed recitfying the error.

If he is not forthcoming then yoiu can approach court with a suit for specific relief to rectify the error.

If the property was not bought by a registered sale deed, then you may have to demand execution of registered sale deed  in view of payment of full sale consideration amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register