LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudha (SSE)     02 June 2011


Hi ,

I am a divorcee and I have a kid of 6 years.I have complete rights on kid as mentioned in the divorce document. I am planning to get marry again and he is ready to adopt my kid.I want to know what is process of adoption and can I change my kid sur name and father name after adoption.

Please let me know Advocates contact who can do this for me.



 3 Replies

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     02 June 2011

Your question is not clear because you have to term the "he" more specifically.However,as per my understading of question if you are divorcee and your divorced husband is still alive,you alone don't have the capacity to give the adoption of child.Whereas,in this case,if I am right,you are going to marry someone and he is ready to adopt the child.Then I guess you are mistaken with word adoption.You can marry him and you can keep the custody of child and your new husband shall be called as your son's stepfather and offcourse you can change the name of your son too.



Pradeep Kumar & Associates


(M) 09871765000


Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     02 June 2011

I do agree with mr. Pradeep Kumar.

sudha (SSE)     02 June 2011

Thanks Pradeep.What is process to change the Fathers name in this case.Also ,Can you explain the process to keep the custody of child.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query