LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chami (NA)     25 November 2012

Admitted in a rehab centre by force.

Around 12th Nov, one adult woman, aged around 36y, was admitted into a rehab centre by force by her brother, apparently a British citizen. Since then she has been without contact except her immediate family. As of today, she is still there.

She was severly beaten up by her brother and forced to sign on the consent form. She has shown her marks to the staff there but no action was taken.

She is not allowed to contact any help from others. Others are not allowed to contact her.

Only person who can contact her are her abusers. Apparently this is mentioned in the admissions form.

Her crime? She left home without informing her father.

Her human rights have been violated by her family as well as the rehab centre.

I am told that I cannot do anything as I am not related to her. What happens when relatives become abusers?

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 November 2012

They can file writ in High Court.

1 Like

chami (NA)     01 December 2012

Her brother, who is responsible for the beating, has apparently left the country. Her old father does not bother (support his son). Apparently this is a cheap centre, and the doctor is not caring enough (he visits once a week). I have contacted one advocate here but he discouraged me from filing a PIL, saying that it will get me in more trouble than I can handle. I could talk to her today and she is very highly depressed. This is basically neglect by the whole family.

WHO can file a writ in the High court?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2012

why PIL when writ heabuscorpus can be filed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register