LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tubai   30 March 2017

Absconded from job

Sir, I started my career at a construction company after graduating from my university at july 2016. At the first week of march 2017 I took a leave for 1week and after that I did not join the job. Recently I get to know from one of the current employee (not hr person) of that company that i will be absconded. I did not have any type of service bond or i did not have to serve any notice period as i was in training period( total 1yr). Now i want to know if there would be any problem if i want to join any psu or govt job or any other private company after getting absconded from this company. Please hibe me advice regarding this.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Hibe?                  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 March 2017

You may post the correct reason why you do not want to join after leave!

What is your designation and nature of duties?

Are you recruited as a Trainee (as per Managements Standing Orders) or Apprentice as per Apprenticeshio Act/Rules or as emplyee?

Has any appointment letter been issued to you?

You are in which state?

What is the notice period applicable to you?

Did you submit leave application under proper acknowledgment?

Employee Submit leave application and resignation under proper acknowledgment and must not conceal anything including past employment.

Tubai   30 March 2017

My designation was graduate tranee engineer (GTE). Training period was for 1year. July 16 to july 17. Offer letter was issued. Home state west bengal. Posting was at uttarpradesh. According to my offer letter, i was not obliged to serve any notice period, as i was in training period. I was not a permanent employee. After serving 1 year i would be permanent. I did not have any service bond. Yes. I submitted proper leave application and followed the proper steps to manage leave. My queries are: 1) can the company mark me as an absconded person and take any legal step against me? 2) if they can what will be problem if i want to join any govt service, psu or private company in future?

Tubai   30 March 2017

My designation was graduate tranee engineer (GTE). Training period was for 1year. July 16 to july 17. Offer letter was issued. Home state west bengal. Posting was at uttarpradesh. According to my offer letter, i was not obliged to serve any notice period, as i was in training period. I was not a permanent employee. After serving 1 year i would be permanent. I did not have any service bond. Yes. I submitted proper leave application and followed the proper steps to manage leave. My queries are: 1) can the company mark me as an absconded person and take any legal step against me? 2) if they can what will be problem if i want to join any govt service, psu or private company in future?

Tubai   30 March 2017

Tubai   30 March 2017

Sorry, for network problem same reply is posted 3 times.

Engagement as GTE could be under Mangement’s Standing Orders.

GO thru: The service/Conduct and Discipline Rules applicable to you.

If you have sent leave application for extention of leave by ordinary post, send copy by Redg. Post.

If you have sent notice of resignation/resignation by ordinary post, send copy by Redg. Post.

Remaining on uninformed/unapproved/unauthorized leave can be recorded as amounting to Abscondment/Abstaining/Absenting from duty and misconduct.

Employee can loose lien on employment after fixed number of days say 8 or 10days.

Thereafter employer may resort to termination.

Employer may insert reason for termination in Termiantion Order and Releiving letter and/or BGV/Reference check.

Concealing past employment/reason for leaving,  in employment application etc in any future employment; Private/Govt can be viewed as ‘otherwise’ and may invite disciplinary action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register