Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

skbridge (None)     27 February 2014

Abetment to suicide

Hello,

I have a friend who needs some legal advice. 

The question is as follows: His mother and father were NRI's who obtained Canadian citizenship. While in Canada, the father disowned his children. The mother, under intense pressure from the father, committed suicide in Canada. There are witnesses and police reports to the same. The mother left a will and suicide note indicating that her property-all in her name- in India was to be left to the children. Can the children file Abetment To Suicide FIR case against their father in India?

Thank you for any help.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 February 2014

No. The incidence happened in Canada, is India is not at atll concern with that.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     28 February 2014

NO. for two reasons no.1. Mother was a Canadian citizen and no.2. Suicide committed at Canada.  Indian Courts have no jurisdiction to try ,hear and determine in thecase

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2014

I go with the opinion of experts above and I endorse the same.  For an incident that took place in Canada, Indian law cannot interfere in that country's internal matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register