LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidharth (Officer)     05 May 2015

Revoking poa on father's name

Dear Members, I have a flat at my hometown and I have stayed away from home due to Job, and has given a POA to my father for the flat who stays there. Now I want to revoke the POA due to family disputes as I'm scared he'll misuse the POA. However I do not even know if the POA was general or special and also registered or unregistered. My father has kept it hidden and If i ask directly, He most certainly would get a hint of my intentions and do the worst at the earliest. How can I revoke the POA considering it's Registered but I don't remember even the date or the Reg number of the POA.

 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2015

Unregistered POA is not valid.

Certified copy of Registered POA can be obtained from SRO. POA can be cancelled/revoked and thereafter your father can be notified of  cancellation.

Sidharth (Officer)     05 May 2015

Sir I don't even know what all are the contents of POA and if it is registered or not, don't even remember the date or month. I trusted him with it during times of mental duress due to an ongoing divorce case. but now he keeps the POA hidden from me and has wrongful inentions regarding my flat.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2015

If you are unable to handle it on your own,Contact a local lawyer/law firm and your counsel can help you to get the copy and cancell it.

Sidharth (Officer)     06 May 2015

Sir, even the lawyer will need the copy of POA/ Reg No to be included in the Revocation Notice. I do not have them, Can I Issue a General Revocation of any POA given to my father for that property on any previous date..?? Alternately, If I get a hold of the Original POA, Can simply tearing it will mean it is over?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2015

If the POA was registered it might be possible to obtain the details/certified copy from SRO.

Usually only the number of POA is mentioned in sale deed and original is seldom asked for……………hence it should ideally be cancelled and father be notified.

Further a seasoned local lawyer dealing in revenue/property/civil matters can advise you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2015

In all the probalitities, firstly it becomes your duty to provide information to your lawyer to proceed in this matter legally, however, in the absence of any details in your possession, you can even issue a notice to the power agent mentioning that you revoke the POA deed made in his favor and it becomes invalid from the date of receipt of this notice by him, a copy of this notice may be sent to the concerned registrar's office as well, forget about the date or nature of POA deed, initate some action so that any undesired activity may be avoided well in advance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query