Related to joint bank Account

I had a either or surviour joint bank account with my father. If I had closed it after his death and I dont want to show account statement to other legal hiers(my brothers), could they can go to court to get its statement, if yes then how.
How can I stop them legally to do so as this was my fathers wish to not share any account details with them after his death. Request the experts please guide.

querist already advised in earlier post

You cannot stop anybody from proceeding against a matter they feel aggrieved.


Your account Either or Survivor and your Father passed away and you closed the account. The transaction appears to be quite above board.  Even if your brothers approach the Court, you may have to show all the relevant documents and prove your point. Bank Official also may be asked to give witness duly producing the account opening form.  Therefore, keep all your records with you, at least photocopies so that if and when there is a need, you can use the same.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu