LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishali Patil (IT)     01 April 2012

Can government employee works as reporter at the same time

Can Government employee works as reporter(journalism) at the same time. Is it legal or illegal.

Learning

11 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 April 2012

No. cannot undertake any remunerative job

Sailesh Sarmah (Advocate)     02 April 2012

Any Government Official cannot take up any other office of profit while serving. Even there is a bar in working in some departments for 2 years after retirement.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 April 2012

Mr. Gabriel has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

The appointment letter/certified standing orders/employee rule book should be studied carefully before taking up or agreeing to take up any assignment. At times employer may become unforgiving.

Some of the employer might have expressed in the rules that employee shall need to obtain permission in writing to take up even honorary job without honorarium.

In case the employee wants to write articles in newspaper/magazine without any reward in cash or kind/ honorarium, the employee should apply in writing with full details and obtain explicit consent in writing.

At the same time some companies may have certain activities e.g. CSR in their schedule and may encourage employees to participate and write on these.

Ziaur Rahman ( Practice)     02 April 2012

No. A Government employee is a whole timer and hence no question of engaging himself in any job type activities arise. However, some state governments permit their employees to engage in any trade relating to agricuture or farming.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 April 2012

Well comment and nothing to add.

Vaishali Patil (IT)     09 April 2012

If someone doing so, what would be action we can take

Vaishali Patil (IT)     09 April 2012

If someone doing so, what would be action we can take

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2012

Report to the employer. Employer shall decide and conclude.

Anand Kumar (Labour Welfare)     26 April 2012

No, a Govt employee cannot do any other work ,he can do only some work which are notified and even after prior

permisssion of yhe Govt

saravanan palanivel (Teacher)     27 April 2012

Sir , I am  State Government School Teacher. I had an Broadband connection in my home. Shall I take Online classes on my  early hours in my name. Is there is any violating the rules of the Government?

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 April 2012

You cannot conceal facts for a longtime.When it comes to light you will be put into trouble like disciplinary action etc.,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register