Property Distribution to Daughters

I am Andhra Pradesh. my grand father died on 2003, he didn't written any will. He has wife , two sons&3 daughters. The property is Ancestral . Some quarrel happen two sons and mother. Now Daughters also asking equal shares. they sent the court notice against us, so Can u please give suggestion or advice how to share property?
whether daughters also get share?

The property is ancestral and Ur grand father has deceased in 2003i.e before his daughters have no equal rights or equal share first it is divided betn father &sons they each get 1/3.then afterwards Ur grandfather share 1/3isagain dividedbetn his sons wife and daughter s equally.i.e1/3*1/6=1/ each sons get share1/3+1/18=7/18anddaughtersand wife each gets1/18.u contact local advocate . And clarify.

Retired employee.

When you have received a notice, you have to necessarily contact an advocate and respond and your reply also becomes a key document in the case.  Daughters are having right for equal share since 1956, if the property is self acquired by their father.  If the property is ancestral then it becomes an issue and as he has expired in 2003 prior to the stipulation of eligibilityof daughters in father's ancestaral property, you can contact a local advocate and discuss the issue and respond to the notice in a suitable way.


Agreed on the view of Shashi Dhara




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x