Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema (Consultant)     31 October 2011

Permission for protest

Hello Friends

We are planning to have a protest march against certain inefficiency of sttae government, and are anticipating around 500 people (including ladies and children ) to join the march, 

We did a similar protest 6 months back with 100 people and submitted letters to DC and Commissioner of Police, but despite 6-7 rounds to poilce station and DC office, we only get acknowledgement of our letter but no permission, I would like to understand is it mandatory to have permission for protest, (If we intend to have a peaceful protest), Also what is legal definition on peaceful protest.

Would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Learning

3 Replies

Seema (Consultant)     31 October 2011

I would also like to request for review comments on the letter we intend to share with DC and Commissioner

===========================================

Commissioner of Police,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sir,

Subject: Prior Information regarding protest march on XX XXXX, 2011 starting at location XXXXX

Respectfully, I inform that we are a group of residential apartment buyers in XXXXXXXX, We are organizing peaceful protest march on date XXXXXXXXX time 09 AM to 4 PM. About 500 people including ladies and children will be participating in this march. Reason for these protests is lack of development and no visible infrastructure development of the area

We will be gathering at location XXXXXXXXX, I assure you that our protests will be peaceful and we will not be doing any unlawful activity. The route map of protest is attached along with this letter.

For any queries/communication in this regard, you can please contact at address/mobile below.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully

XXXXXX

=============================================================================

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     01 November 2011

This letter is just an information to DC

You presume the permission as Granted

Add ,               " If , by law , there is a provision for the permission to be granted by You for such a peaceful march , we humbly request you to grant permission for carrying out the march according to the plan of March (during given hours)  .

If the reply is not communicated by any reason , it will be deemed to have been granted.

We also request you to provide some Security cover  which keeps our march peaceful and also the traffic also undisturbed" .

If you are not the permission Granting Authority , we request you to communicate us the authority to which we may approach for such written permissionn or it would be better if you forward  our request to concerned authorities with your favourable comments

(Guest)

If you heed the advice of Suresh, then you'll be granted permission.If not file an appeal to the Comissioner and so on.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register