original marks cards get back

I have joined mba in the year 2008 through pgcet quota in sjcit college of vtu University. I have paid 50000 of University fee and 20000 of college fee. I need to pay 15000 reaming college fee of first year. Due to financial crisis I have discontinued after my first semester. After it I got bank loan and I paid second year fees also but college management said u need to pay and due to attendance shortage we can't give admission. So I dropped out from college. But now in 2019 am asking my original Marks and certificates of sslc and puc and degree marks cards but management saying u need to clear two years University and college fee. After first semester I didn't gone to college and I didn't admitted to second year also but now they telling without clearing the full fees we won't gives your original certificates. So plz suggest me what should I do. Thanking you. Mahesh kumar 1sj08MBA23
Retired employee.

Issue a simple notice to Principal under CP Act and you can get your marks list back.  But remember, you must compensate their loss as you have destroyed the chances of another student, who should have got a seat and continued his education, and also subjected the college for loss of fees as they can not fill the seat and collect fees during semesters.  How they recover the fees is left to College but as far as original marks lists are concerned, it is illegal to retain them as security and colleges, state governments warned them of keeping such originals as security for future fees or present fees.  Absolutely there is no relation in between these two issues.   A simple example is if one visits a movie, gets bored and walks out of the theatre, can he claim a proportionate refund of ticket fees from theater owner?    Search in google with keywords:  UGC circular on retention of certificates for payment of fees.  Down load the directive for your information.





Respected sir,

Reg: Refund of original certificates of ..............................in...................year..................Roll no.......

This is to bring to your kind attention that I have deposited my original certificates for the verification process, and I visited Administrative office and requested for return of originals, but they have refused to hand them back even after such verification.

I understand that it is illegal to keep original certificates of students, and refusal to return amounts to a violation of UGC/HRD/AICTE/ State Government directives.

I hereby request you and bring this serious violation to your notice and will be thankful if you can direct the concerned staff to return all original certificates to me forthwith, failing which I may be constrained to refer the issue to UGC for redressal of my grievance.

Yours sincerely,


Copy to UGC.


Thank you so much for your guidance



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu