(Guest)

Non payment of salary by employer

Hi,

I am from Chandigarh, previously I was working with an organization named

Stellar Edge Solution Pvt Ltd. 
S.C.O. 371-373, 2nd Floor, 
Sector 34-A,
Chandigarh 160 034

on 10 Feb 2012 this company hired me from Desh Bhagat Engineering College, Gobindgarh during job fest for the post of Business Development Manager & on 15 Feb 2012 I joined this organization, this company under the urge of college's policies provided me with just an offer letter in college but latter on no appointment letter was given it to me on my repeated request, soon after 1 week the active partner of this company started misbehaving with me & due to her unethical, unprofessional & indisciplined behaviour I was urged to resign from this company with in 2 months i.e on march 2012. On discovering my resignation she refused to pay my salary for the month of march 2012. I have although file a case in labour court but unfortunately no proceedings are being done against company its almost more than a year has passed.. 

I am attaching the Pdf file of documents that is available with me to corroborate right in the court

You are requested to kindly extend some valid help and guidance in this context. 

Regards,

Learning

15 Replies

ADV S PATHAK (lawyer)     07 May 2013

my dear as u don't have the appointment letter so there is no use of wasting ur time and money for 1 month salary. 

(Guest)

Dear Mr Pathak,

Thanks for your valuable feedback you are requested to go through the Pdf file attached with my post, I think my existence with the company can sufficiently be proved by these documents in the court as one cannot refute the bank statement in which one month salary was already credited to my account.

The most important part for me is not about 1 months salary it is more about to set an example and benchmark for other existing employees of this organization that one must go ahead and claim his right through legal trail & people should not loose hope in our judiciary, this company is habitual of holding the salaries of employees and tormenting them for titular amounts & even terminating by manhandling them in its premises. This case might be sounding a normal salary case to U but in actual it is more about congruity & ethicism of corporates & genuine rights of an individual.

The guidance I am looking here is how to escalate my case in labour court as it is not showing any result from past one year and their corporate lawyer is wangling the dates from judge by submiting false reason in the court every time he appears.

Thank You,

ADV S PATHAK (lawyer)     07 May 2013

mr jaswal i was handling a case at mohali (march 2013) court in which there was i-card issued but no appointment letter. after 8 months the case was lost on the ground of appointment letter. i had seen ur pdf files while giving 1st reply. 

if any other respectable member of this forum disagrres with me then i will also be enlightened on this issue by their reply for my future practice. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2013

Mr. Pathak has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

The following is a heartfelt opinion only and let your lawyer’s opinion be final on all points discussed in this thread.

Your resolve is appreciable.

You have posted that:

this company is habitual of holding the salaries of employees and tormenting them for titular amounts & even terminating by manhandling them in its premises”

All affected employees may join hands and be witness to each other.

It is felt hat you have documents to establish the employer-employee relationship.

Companies post salary etc in expenses and have to file quarterly return.

Inspector under Shops and Establishments Act, Payment of Wages Act can call for records.

In addition to the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, states also provide for compliance's under the Shops & Establishment Acts, Standard Standing Orders Act…….

---------- The company did not issue any appointment letter hence no T&C on notice period/pay is agreed upon thus no notice period/pay is applicable.

If you have not sent your lawyer to labor court, the lawyer of company may also not be allowed. You may agitate on tactics of the lawyer to delay the matter by asking for dates on one pretext and other.

You may go thru an interesting thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Id-act-sec-36-legal-practitioner-consent-51724.asp

You may persist and insist upon appearance in person of appointing authority, owner/promoter/director/manager/agent of employer etc………

You may demand Pay slip, appointment letter, Acknowledgment and acceptance of resignation, correct FNF statement, payment of FNF dues by bank DD only, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number, PF a/c slip for full tenure of service, work experience/service certificate, reliving letter, ESIC number ( applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def. of wages in the Act up to Rs.15000/pm  etc)………………

-------------https://chandigarh.gov.in/dept_labour.htm

PUNJAB SHOPS AND COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS ACT, 1958

Under this Act the Assistant Labour Commissioner is Chief Inspector of Shops and Competent Authority…………………………which regulate the working conditions of the workers in the Shops and Commercial Establishments. The said Act envisages opening and closing, rest intervals and close days in respect of such establishments.

The Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1958

2. Definitions;

(vi)              “employee”  means……………

(vii)             “employer” a person having charge of or owning or having ultimate control over the affairs of an establishment and include members of the family of an employer, a manager, agent or other person acting in the general management or control of the establishment;

(xvi)           “manager”…….

(xvii)          “wages”…… shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (IV of 1936);…….

{Rate of wages or salary………..( Here the question arises what does your salary include to satisfy various act including but not limited to Section 17(1) of the Income tax Act, which only your employer can answer.)}

18. Realisations of compensation. -- (1) In case of contravention of the provisions of

section 16, if a judicial Magistrate is satisfied that the employee has not been paid his due

wages, he shall direct the employer to pay the wages along with compensation not

exceeding eight times the amount of wages withheld.

20. Record.—

2) The employer of any establishment,  about the business of which persons are

employed, shall in the prescribed form and manner keep a record ofworking hours, rest

intervals and the amount of leave taken by every person employed about the business of

an establishment and particulars of all overtime employment shall be separately entered

in the record.

(6) If any person with intent to deceive makes, or causes or allows to be made, in any

such record, register or notice as aforesaid anentry which is to his knowledge false in any

material particular or willfully omits or causes or allows to be omitted from any such

record, register or notice an entry required tobe made therein, he shall be liable, on

conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or to a fine which

shall not be less than twenty five rupees and may extend to two hundred rupees or both

23. Notice by employee…………..NIL if period of employment is less than 3 months.

32. Bar of Legal Practitioners in certain proceedings. – Notwithstanding anything

contained in the law relating to legal parishioners for the time being in force, no legal

practitioner shall be permitted to appear, plead or act for the employer or the employee in

any proceedings, before a court between an employer or the employee, arising out of the

contravention of any of the provisions of this Act.

-----------Pay day for FNF dues/wages: Usual pay day.

Lodging a complaint with Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.180000/pm),

THE PAYMENT OF WAGES ACT, 1936
{Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the Act}

2. Definitions:
3*[(vi) "wages" means…………..

{ Rate of wages or salary………..( Here the question arises what does your salary include to satisfy various act including but not limited to Section 17(1) of the Income tax Act, which only your employer can answer.}

(d) any sum which by reason of the termination of employment of the person employed
is payable under any law, contract or instrument which provides for the payment of such sum, whether with or without deductions, but does not provide for the time within which the payment is to be made;

3. Responsibility for payment of wages.-

4. Fixation of wage-periods.-

5. Time of payment of wages.

6. Wages to be paid in current coin or currency notes.- All wages shall be paid in current coin or currency notes or in both:

5*[Provided that the employer may, after obtaining the written authorisation of the employed person, pay him the wages either by cheque or by crediting the wages in his bank account.]

13A. Maintenance of registers and records.

5*[13A. Maintenance of registers and records.-(1) Every employer shall maintain such registers and records giving such particulars of persons employed by him, the work performed by them, the wages paid to them, the deductions made from their wages, the receipts given by them and such other particulars and in such form as may be prescribed.

(2) Every register and record required to be maintained under this section shall, for the purposes of this Act, be preserved for a period of three years after the date of the last entry made therein.]

15. Claims arising out of deductions from wages or delay in payment of wages and

penalty for malicious or vexatious claims.

16. Single application in respect of claims from unpaid group.

------standing orders of the company/model standing orders:

13. Termination of employment:
.--(1) For terminating employment of a permanent ……. one month’s notice in the case of monthly-rated workmen and two weeks’ notice in the case of other workmen: one month’s or two week’s pay, as the case may be, may be paid in lieu of notice.

(2) No temporary …..and no probationer …. shall be entitled to any notice or pay in lieu thereof if his services are terminated

{Implies notice period is not applicable to probationer}

11. Payment of wages., 15. Complaints.--
16. Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under this Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

17. Liability of 17[employer].-, 18. Exhibition of standing orders.—

--------------There are threads at LCI indicating that employees have lodged criminal complaints with police under Sec 406, 420 against employers for not paying their dues.

---------Unpaid wages may  be claimed as debt on employer.

You may go thru an interesting thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=72011&offset=1#.UNRXofLZ1JI

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2013

Attached.

By now compnay must have filed returns for entire year.

Try and meet jurisdictional CIT-TDS, IT Commissioner and demand for copies of detail of salaries posted as expenses.

Try and approach Trade unions and sensitise them.

Try and approach students' unions and sensitize them for the fate of students at the hands of such unscruplous employers.

The advantge of interenet is immense. make this employer famous amonst the communities of employees and students and get it banned from as many colleges as possible.

At the same time educate the community of students and employees on what precautions they should take so that they are not exploited at the hands of such unscruplous employers.

Attached File : 83006813 punjab shops and commercial establishments act 1958.pdf, 83006813 payment of wages act 1936.pdf, 83006813 model%20standing%20orders.doc downloaded: 563 times

(Guest)

Dear Mr Kumar & Mr Pathak,

I am really feeling very grateful for your intense efforts in providing me with a quantum-sufficit details to fortify my hands to fight against such organisation, Mr Kumar your advise is fantastic, exposing such companies among students through social networks is really a great idea, on consumercomplaint forum I have already posted about this company just few days back before joining lawyerclubindia.com, here is the link

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/employees/stellar-edge-solutions-c825756 "

& resignation expressing my dissatisfaction & illegitimate practices of the company was mailed to MD along with the colleges that are either directly or indirectly lnked with this company, companies operating in same industry & in same market was also taken into consideration to reveal the practices of this company. I have been observing that this has become a trend in most of the local as well as Limited companies to not to provide any document to newly hired staff & exploit employees either on salary grounds Or on physical, psycological & s*xual grounds.

My fight is absolutely not for the money rather it is against the unethical practices of the company, as they are mostly hiring BDMs either in the starting of session Or on the ending on session of B-TECH & POLY-TECH courses so that person can tap maximum colleges to bring student to this company for industrial training & after using the services of BDMs for 2-3 months, they terminate the services of employee on disgusting bases and refuses to pay their money for 1-2 months.

On this 9th-May I have my date in court & information provided by you was not only helpful to me rather to others also who will be viewing this conversation on this forum, Mr Kumar one last direction I want from you, "Which is the senior authority in labour court to approach if proceedings in the court is not going as per the marked standards Or we feel inclination of the person in authority is biased & is overturning our requests every time we approached him, if possible please provide me with the hierarcy of the labour court for my better understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Sahil Singh Jaswal.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 May 2013

The hierarchy can be viewed in the web link of Chandigarh Govt. already posted.

Usually to complaint against the judge one can approach, Chief Justice of the court, Chief Justice of the High Court or Registrar of Vigilance High Court ……

You must weigh all pros and cons and must consult your lawyer before you proceed.

You may find the following threads useful.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/The-role-of-superior-courts-is-like-a-friend-philosopher-an-77968.asp#.UVggNEpFZ_4

https://hareshraichura.blogspot.in/2012/09/how-to-file-complaint-against-sitting.html

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/Need-for-National-Judicial-Commission-2884.asp

Approach various students unions in colleges, Universities and prompt students to write articles on various magazines, online portals.

Spread awareness.

There are others who have suffered:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Nullification-of-offer-letter-80328.asp

Attached File : 296765173 national judicial commision.doc downloaded: 203 times

(Guest)

Dear Mr Kumar,

After reading all your links & information posted to me and pertinent advise posted for others' querries on same forum by you, I am truly bereft of all the words to show my gratitude towards you. 

I  just have only one word to say for you, you are "OUTSTANDING"

The utility and efficacy of such type of forums and social sites on internet get useful & validated only due to the knowledgable & complaisant people like you.

!! HATS OFF !!

Best Regards,

Sahil Singh Jaswal

Rahul (Student)     27 May 2013

Sir,

THIS IS MY CASE REGARDING MY EMPLOYER WHO GOT HIS WORK DONE FROM ME, AND WHEN I LEFT WITH 5DAYS EXTRA WORK, I GOT CHEQUE FOR LAST MONTH OF 6610/- WHERE I WAS TOLD THAT I WILL GET AROUND 13-14K IN HAND INCLUSIVE OF TRAVEL, PHONE BILLS, INTERNET, ETC.

(I AM MBA GRAD WITH 3YEARS OF EXP, EARNING 6000/MONTH WAS DROVE ME DOWN SO LEFT THE COMPANY)

THE GIVEN CHEQUE WAS BOUNCED THE NEXT DAY, AND NOW HE IS ASKING ME TO PAY THE IMPREST CHQ OF 3500/- WHEN COMPLAINED TO OWNER OF CO. HE REFUSED TELLING THAT HE IS NOT RELATED TO COMP DIRECT OR INDIRECT.

I HAVE RETURNED EVERY MATERIAL GIVEN TO ME.

PLS HELP ME. rahul.bcaf@gmail.com

sneha (management trainee)     06 November 2013

Dear sir,

I was working for FALCON acoustics and passive fire solution for almost 3 and half month as Management Trainee.Due to some personal reasons i had to resign from the company and in my last month i had worked for 12 days of october. And now i am asking them to issue my 12days salary they are not issuing it giving reason that i dint complete notice period.But the fact is I was on probation period and i dint have any notice period for it and they havent mentioned in offer letter even about any kind of notice period. 

Please help me with the same what should i do because i dont want to leave my salary.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 November 2013

@ Sneha,

Always initiate a new thread.

Submit a gentle representation in writing under proper acknowledgment to the good offices of your appointing authority, narrate all previous representations by phone/email/in person and demand payment of earned wages by bank DD thru redg. post only. You may add that notice period was not applicable as per appointment letter issued to you.

Company should have supplied you the acceptance of resignation, relieving letter, service certificate, correct FNF statement, payment of FNF dues, form16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number, PF a/c slips for entire tenure of service, ESIC card , salary slip of all months of employment……………………

The employee can approach:

>> Lawyer/Law firm: The legal notice can help to drill sense into the heads.

>>Trade Unions: The Leaders know the precise ways to handle such matters.

>> Inspector under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act of the State…………One of the duties of the Inspector is to ensure that the dues of the separated employee are paid.

>> Inspector under Payment of Wages Act ( Applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def. of wages in the Act up to Rs.18000/pm) within 1 year.

>> RPFC in o/o PF Commissioner (Nearest office has to help even if the PF a/c is ion some other office)

>> Inspector in Local/jurisdictional ESIC office………….

There are threads indicating that employees have been approaching police u/s 406,420 and as creditors treating unpaid wages as debt on employer……………..

It shall be appropriate to show all of your docs to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer, give inputs in person and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer. The lawyer that has seen all of your docs and has analyzed your inputs can advice you the best.

Dhiraj (Advocate)     21 October 2014

Dear Freind,

You Must have to file Criminal Complaint against Employer and it's Conern Person as they have committed Criminal Breach of Trust, Cheating and other criminal charges as threat, threaten to kill if they have done so when you have asked your salary. 

You can also file civil suit for recovery and specific performance.

You can also file complaint at State Public Provident Fund if they are not deducting any pf and not contributing for the same, 

One thing is important what is the evidence you have to prove that you have worked for that month for which you are asking salary.

Adv.Dhiraj Yadav

Mohd Siraj (Area Sales Manager)     02 March 2015

NON PAYMENT OF SALARY

RESPECTED SIR,

I MOHD SIRAJ (MOBILE NO:8686216318) NON PAYMENT OF MY FIRST SALARY BY BULANDIAVKUL MKTG. LTD,NOIDA
I STARTED MY DUTIES FOR BULANDIAVKUL MARKETING .PVT.LTD. FROM 02 FEBRUARY 2015 AS AREA SALES MANAGER FOR HYDERABAD(WHICH IS MY HOMETOWN) AND OTHER NEARBY 4 DISTRICTS.EARLIER THAN THAT I TRAVELLED TO NOIDA WHERE COMPANY OFFICE IS LOCATED AT B-16,2ND FLOOR,SECTOR-64 OF NOIDA ONCE FOR INTERVIEW AND ONCE FOR TRAINING.NOW THAT ONE MONTH OF MY DUTIES HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND TODAY IS 2ND MARCH 2015 WHICH IS FIRST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH THE COMPANY IS DENYING TO PAY ME MY BASIC SALARY+ALLOWANCES WHICH ARE LIABLE ON TE PART OF THE COMPANY TO PAY ME FOR MY 1 MONTH DUTIES AS PER THEIR APPOINTMENT LETTER WHICH WAS ISSUED ON 28 JANUARY 2015.THE BREAKUP IS AS FOLLOWS. BASIC :RS.9000/ PER MONTH TRAVEL ALLOWANCE : RS.3000/ PER MONTH DAILY ALLOWANCE : RS.3000/ PER MONTH MOBILE ALLOWANCE : RS.1000/ PER MONTH HOTEL ALLOWANCE : RS.5000/ PER MONTH SPECIAL ALLOWANCE : RS.4000/ PER MONTH WICH TOTALS TO RS.25,000/- IN A MONTH ,BUT AS I DID MY DUITES IN HYDERABAD ONLY IM CLAIMING RS.17,000/- ONLY EXCLUDING OF DAILY ALLOWANCE AND HOTEL ALLOWANCE.SIR,PLS HELP ME GET MY RIGHTFUL SALARY AND ALLOWANCES.THE COMPANIES CONTACT DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS. BULANDIAVKUL MARKETING .PVT.LTD, B-16,2ND FLOOR,SECTOR-64 NOIDA-2013019(U.P) COMPANY LANDLINE : 91 120 4207794 WEBSITE :WWW.BULANDIAVKUL.COM EMAIL : INFO@BULANDIAVKUL.COM MANAGING DIRECTOR NAME :KULDEEP SINGH MOBILE NUMBER :91 9643804696 EMAIL ID :KULDEEP@BULANDIAVKUL.COM HR/FIRST CONTACT PERSONS NAME : DAYA MOBILE NUMBER : 919711090637/919711632981 SIR,PLS ACT EARLIEST FOR MY FIRST SALARY AS I HAVE TO PAY KIDS SCHOOL FEES AND EXAM FEES AND ATTEND OTHER URGENT EXPENSES AT HOME AND JOB.

THANKS AND REGARDS,
MOHD SIRAJ,

sushmiprasad0128   19 January 2018

Dear Sir,

Since from 2 year i am working in a Global Consultancy as a HR Recruiter, employer use to pay the salary in the starting but later on we are not getting proper pay for our work,it's about 7 months we have not got the salary, all the staffs are not getting the salary, many of them have resigned for the non payment of salary, he is saying today/tommorow but no sign of providing salary, since he had not given offer letter for the job can we get some guidence to recover our salary.

Please do needful suggestions

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register