Neighbour failing to return borrowed money

Sir, My aunt is from chennai and gave Rs.8 Lakhs in cash to my neighbour as loan in the year 2011, which she promised to repay in the year June 2012. Being neighbour she trusted her and dint get any loan agreement signed from her. She was saying she will return it in installments and till date she has paid only 2 lakhs and delaying her payment. The lady promised via Whatsapp chat messages she will repay balance Rs.6 Lakhs by January 2018. But till date she is giving excuses. Recently she started saying i have settled all the amount and ignoring. Now my aunt only has Whatsapp chat records. Can Whatsapp messsages be used as evidence to file a case against her in court. Kindly suggest.



Your/your aunt's remedy lies either in lodging a complaint in the concerned Police Station for cheating or prefering a civil suit in a court of competent jurisdiction or both.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu