Need ur valuable suggestion



Eveybody knows this that without getting divorce from first marriage, 2 one is illegal.
But i heard from someone that still people do it because it takes a longer time to prove for first wife that his spouse did 2 marriage.
Inspite of that if a spouse do this illegal act he is smart enough that he will not leave any proof behind regarding 2 marriage so in what way the wife will prove this, means simply impossible to prove,,, means everyone men can do this crime because he knows that if his wife will not give divorce than the case will drag for years so this one is the best solution
So, i want to know regarding this... please enlighten your views upon this situation.
Thanking you.

I think nikki eithher you or your any near one facing same problem,

instead of wasting to prove this better divorce him and search a good partener and lead happy life a person who already left you and bind with another no need to follow such person ,

if you can easily prove it then its ok otherwise better to leave.




One of the approaches would be to give a legal notice of restitution of conjugal rights, if you are prepared to go and stay with the person, this will give you enough time to collect the necessary evidence from the neighbours.

However the best option is to file for divorce.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

Independent practice

Re-marriage without obtaining Divorce or Nullity decree means, the female who is willing to do that with knowledge of facts of either side for the re-marriage, will not get the status of "wife" in the said re-marriage, but just of "concubine", consequently there will be a lot of difficulties for maintenance, succession etc. It is told that, immediately after the first one week of marriage, there will be sufficient grounds for divorce, thus why to do re-marriage without any legal protection.

About proof of present spouse's re-marriage etc, there is no need of direct evidence or photos. Circumstantial evidence is sufficient. U/s 134 of evidence Act, the Judges have the power to presume about the Evidence produced by the parties. Thus please file the litigation to get "relieving order" from the present marriage. If the female will not file Application for Maintenance, the Divorce/ Nullity proceedings will commence immediately and if the Judge is a good man, within 6 months, on contest, you can get Nullity or Divorce decree, thereafter start new married life.

Wish you all the best.


12 pm of 29-10-12

Independent practice

Once it is the case of matrimonial matter, i beg to submit that, "tell thousand lies to get a marriage done" is the principle, because, you are not going to get an ideal partner in this world. After the marriage, main problems can be by some relatives, who conduct "puppet show", and "thanks demand etc". Better will be to consult a Psychiatrist and Sexologist, prior to commencing any legal proceedings. In fact, your consulting them prior to litigation will give a presumption that, you want to live peacefully and not a drama life. You get life only once, then why to spoil that with litigations.

Legal Enthusiast

its not like that its impossible to prove. secure the evidences against the spouse.. contest your case well in the court.. some cases are settled in few months while some are dragged over years.. it depends on the way of contesting the case and also on every facts and cirumstances of each case.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x